CHM Reader for WP8

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Hello folks,
May I know if there is a good CHM reader in WP8? The only app named so is quite neglected and got only negative reviews.

This one.
Chm Reader | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Is there any other reader that supports chm format, as most of my textbooks are of chm format.. Chm format opens without any 3rd party app in my Windows 7 laptop. Moved to Lumia hoping the same. But a bit disappointed.. Please help me friends, in finding a good chm reader app.

Thanks

jjmurphy

Aug 9, 2011
Visit site
I would recommend converting it to word if you can. Also, try dragging it to onenote and see what happens on your pc. Those are just html files, but you can't make the browser open them.

akks

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
My big textbooks contain >2000pages. Don't think converting to word shall help. I can see ireader in Chinese. Not in English:(

sanjiban ghosh

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
A good chm reader currently available in WP app store....just launched on 11th may...named as chm viewer....its a good app,can open larger chm files...you have to change the extension from .chm to .chmx....pretty good app...just download it

Praveen19

Oct 7, 2014
Visit site
Its amazing and unbelievable that chm which is the compiled html format opens so easily and efficiently in windows pc, is so poorly supported in windows mobile platform. In this day and age where mobiles specifically smartphones which are trying to replace laptops cannot perform such basic of functions. Users who read books have to go to android or apple just becoz chm is so badly supported. Ppl will say convert into epub or pdf, but how do you convert 800Mb or 1GB files and still have the contents and formatting?
Sad that nokia lovers including me have to move to other platforms for this reason.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoshRos