Amazon Prime Instant Streaming

JHunsaker

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Does anyone know if an Amazon Prime Instant Streaming app is in the works? I know several people with windows phones that use the service and would consider switching to iPhones if an app doesn't come when their contracts are up. I would also like to see a Watch ESPN app and the major networks like ABC, CBS, and NBC bring there apps to the platform.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
Why would they go to the trouble of blocking all mobile devices except iOS and Kindle's from streaming over the browser, just to make an App? (They just recently blocked Blackberry and Android browsers, even though they have Flash.)

I wouldn't hold my breath...

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I hope to see more Amazon services on WP soon. That is one of the only things I consider "missing" from WP as a platform is Amazon services, even though the Amazon app and Kindle app are both there, and both work ok.

freshair

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
There's not even an AP streaming app for regular Android devices. Don't think they'll roll one out anytime soon either, as they want people to buy into their Kindle system and that's one advantage.

tgp

Dec 1, 2012
Visit site
(They just recently blocked Blackberry and Android browsers, even though they have Flash.)

But thanks to Android's versatility, it's still quite simple to stream Amazon videos in a browser. Unfortunately this is not possible on WP. At least I haven't figured out a way to do it.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
But thanks to Android's versatility, it's still quite simple to stream Amazon videos in a browser. Unfortunately this is not possible on WP. At least I haven't figured out a way to do it.

True. Flash plus a browser that has the ability to change the user agent will still get streaming to work. While its blocked on Android and BlackBerry, both platforms have browsers that can bypass this. Lol

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon