12-17-2013 10:58 AM
36 12
tools
    I think whatsapp is useless and none of my friends are using it. Everyone of my friends have a Skype account but I hardly ever saw them connected. My conclusion is that messaging apps are useless most of the time. It is way simpler to write a txt message or to use Facebook messenger.

Both services are not appealing enough for me to use them and I can't see why I should.
    12-07-2013 08:09 PM
    I think whatsapp is useless and none of my friends are using it. Everyone of my friends have a Skype account but I hardly ever saw them connected. My conclusion is that messaging apps are useless most of the time. It is way simpler to write a txt message or to use Facebook messenger.

Both services are not appealing enough for me to use them and I can't see why I should.
    Depends on your age and social status (popular or not) seriously.
    Citizen X likes this.
    12-07-2013 08:12 PM
    I think whatsapp is useless and none of my friends are using it. Everyone of my friends have a Skype account but I hardly ever saw them connected. My conclusion is that messaging apps are useless most of the time.
    Whatsapp is what I use for the majority of my texting. Works decently. Every so often there is a small delay in receiving a message but people know to switch to regular text messaging if the message is really urgent. Most texts are nonsense anyway. I'm not going to pay some rip off rate just to receive a bunch of pointless texts when I get get them for free on Whatsapp.
    12-07-2013 10:54 PM
    Depends on your age and social status (popular or not) seriously.
    I'm 21yo and I'm not the most popular guy, but I receive a lot of messages on facebook and by SMS. I downloaded the app thinking that it would be useful and I had it only for a week when I uninstalled it. No one was messaging me through Whatsapp.
    12-07-2013 11:13 PM
    I'm 21yo and I'm not the most popular guy, but I receive a lot of messages on facebook and by SMS. I downloaded the app thinking that it would be useful and I had it only for a week when I uninstalled it. No one was messaging me through Whatsapp.
    It's of course a different situation for everyone. Everybody I know who owns a smartphone uses Whatsapp. I think I don't know anybody who uses Skype on her or his phone, and I only ever write a text to people that still have a classic phone.
    12-08-2013 03:21 AM
    Because Skype is a confusing fu*k. I mean seriously, I have WP7.8, and I can't even log in using my MS account. All my subscriptions are in my MS account. Like seriously WTF Microsoft. I think every day and night, how can they fu*k it up something as small as this.
    12-08-2013 07:58 AM
    quite simple:

pros for whatsapp:

• no online/offline/busy etc. but always on
    • no need for adding contacts
    • your contacts don't expect instant replys
    • short messages
    • no desktop client (short messages)
    12-08-2013 08:15 AM
    Actually I stopped using both after the last update for LINE messenger which include a magnificent voice call capability along with the clean interface and read conformation and besides the privacy ( NO LAST SEEN ) *relieved*
    12-08-2013 11:37 AM
    quite simple:

pros for whatsapp:

• no online/offline/busy etc. but always on
    • no need for adding contacts
    • your contacts don't expect instant replys
    • short messages
    • no desktop client (short messages)
    I especially like the fact that there is an indication the recipient has received my message and my message has not been lost in cyberspace.
    12-08-2013 10:13 PM
    First things first, you don't ADD people to your account! people JOIN WhatsApp, huge difference in concept.

Second, it has a clear goal "text", which makes it easier to improve, and easier to spread. on every platform, a user at least gets to "text", not like skype which has "text, voice, video, and video messages".

Finally, we are in the age of simplicity, its obvious in our designs. look at all three plat forms UI now. all flat, all simple.
    broar94 likes this.
    12-08-2013 11:58 PM
    The Skype client... works on very few phones. Whatsapp is a true multiplatform client from low budget Nokias that run S40 to flagships of all major OSs.
    I'm not sure I would agree that WhatsApp wins the battle of platform availability. While WhatsApp may be available for the entry-level Asha devices, Skype is available on Windows and Mac PCs.
    12-17-2013 10:58 AM
36 12