Favorite Weather app?

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure this has been asked before but I'm just coming back to WP after an Android break. TWC came preloaded on my Nokia 1520 but I think I like Bing Weather better.

What is your favorite weather app??

I also like Bing News better than collector!!

jacob114489

Mar 20, 2013
Visit site
My two favorites are Amazing Weather HD and Weather Flow. Amazing Weather had the edge because Flow hasn't seen an update in many months and uses more battery.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Bing weather is nice but I'm feeling Weather Hound lately. It is quite nice, especially on the lock screen.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
BTW, if you ever have trouble with your LIVE TILES on your phone updating and you have Amazing Weather installed, UNINSTALL IT. Doesn't matter if you use a paid version, as I had or free, get it off your phone. I don't mean just not use it or blocking it from the net, completely remove it from your phone and clear your cache. I had it and had nothing but problems from my live tiles. Once I got rid of it, everything returned to normal. Strange but true.

philxor

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Amazing Weather HD. Great looking wide tile, integrated radar in the app, flexible lockscreen support. I've tried a bunch of different weather apps and lockscreen apps and always come back to it. Never had any problems with it interfering with other live tiles, had it installed for almost a year now.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Amazing Weather HD. Great looking wide tile, integrated radar in the app, flexible lockscreen support. I've tried a bunch of different weather apps and lockscreen apps and always come back to it. Never had any problems with it interfering with other live tiles, had it installed for almost a year now.
It doesn't happen to everyone, true. It happened to my device and nothing I tried, short of a hard reset could resolve my live tile issue. So, backtraacking what apps I installed one at at time, I got to AWHD. Once I removed it, boom, live tiles again. Now I finally free to try other lock screen apps that simply would not work as long as amazing weather was installed. Back to loving my L920 again.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Lately I've been using three at once: Forecast, The Forecast, and LockTemp. I use Forecast for the customizable colors on the live tile, The Forecast for the wide tile and lock screen, and LockTemp so the current temp shows up on my glance screen. Here is my config of the moment:
wp_ss_20131207_0006.jpgwp_ss_20131207_0007.jpg

OldMillXxX

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site
I have always been partial to AccuWeather. Has the features I want, where I want them and good looking graphics to boot. Free is the icing on the cake.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
Old school here. I use WeatherBug and have since the early days of Windows Phones. I've tried others but always come back to WeatherBug.

jaj324

Banned
May 12, 2012
Visit site
I'm a weather apps freak :) but really feeling like Bing weather is the one for me now. Viether also is a good option for me

I'm with you. I tried many weather apps on my Lumia 900, HTC Titan 2 and HTC 8x but I think I'll be staying with BW on the 1520. MS is doing a good job with their apps. Bing News is better than Collector IMO. Not as good as Flipboard on Android but still very good.

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Speaking of weather apps, I wonder if the breez guy decided to stop at his first attempt? I thought it was a great start, but the fuzzy live tile and lack of lock screen support are still lingering. Oh well.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
graceevans