[HERE Maps] How you guys feel about HERE Maps wrt Usability - India

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Every time i refer to HERE Maps on my phone, one way or the other I m facing different issues. The primary objective which is nothing but the navigation purposes is not good in my view. I am unable to follow the map directions only. Not sure if it due to lack of knowledge in using HERE Maps. The offline maps are downloaded. I have tried it in Bangalore City. No way. It always confuses me. My biggest concern is I am unable to identify to which direction I m heading to as the current location is a circle rather than pointed arrow. Also the compass in the top left corner, I am unable to follow that as well. Please let me know if any of you are having a better experience or solution.

Best Regards
Rohit

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi All,

Every time i refer to HERE Maps on my phone, one way or the other I m facing different issues. The primary objective which is nothing but the navigation purposes is not good in my view. I am unable to follow the map directions only. Not sure if it due to lack of knowledge in using HERE Maps. The offline maps are downloaded. I have tried it in Bangalore City. No way. It always confuses me. My biggest concern is I am unable to identify to which direction I m heading to as the current location is a circle rather than pointed arrow. Also the compass in the top left corner, I am unable to follow that as well. Please let me know if any of you are having a better experience or solution.

Best Regards
Rohit

hey rohit here drive works great on my Lumia 920 and I use it daily to navigate here and there.its accurate here in delhi

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Thanks @Himanshu Chowdhary1 and Rakesh.

Could you pls let me know how to use. Everywhere I see the comments as positive. Let me know where I went wrong in understanding.

rakesh1995

Banned
May 26, 2013
Visit site
Upside of your phone is north in portrait view. Point your phone towards north. Now your are facing north side. Now find your direction

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
Upside of your phone is north in portrait view. Point your phone towards north. Now your are facing north side. Now find your direction

Sent from my Uuusumm Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

Haha...How can i point the phone towards north if i don't know the place at all :p :p And more over it would be nice to have that auto-rotate the map to the north rather than we do it. Till then I would say the compass shown on the top left corner is actually redundant.

Key things I noticed which are challenging:

1. A static compass on the map (wrt map :p)
2. Current position as a small circle which is never helping us to identify in which direction we are heading to. In order to see that, we either need to walk and see in which direction the circle is heading or we need to know the place well :p :p

Last edited:

rohit330

Jan 2, 2013
Visit site
If you have lumia 520 , you phone does not have a compass (price cut down was one of the reason )

I am using a 920. But for pedestrian navigation, really finding it as difficult to follow. Sometimes wonder where I am heading to :O
Wish the map should have also rotated and show us in which direction we are moving like a pointed arrow or something :(

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
I am using a 920. But for pedestrian navigation, really finding it as difficult to follow. Sometimes wonder where I am heading to :O
Wish the map should have also rotated and show us in which direction we are moving like a pointed arrow or something :(

me too. I am using here drive+ on my Lumia 920,when I am driving my car and want to navigate it sometimes takes long route and when I am walking it shows me the car routes not the walking/short routes.

SANDEEP NAIR1

May 22, 2013
Visit site
"2. Current position as a small circle which is never helping us to identify in which direction we are heading to. In order to see that, we either need to walk and see in which direction the circle is heading or we need to know the place well :p :p "
IF YOU DONT WALK WHY DO YOU NEED DIRECTION? or in other words.. if u r still and if your triangle pointer shows you one direction.. does that confuse you?
besides when u request routes.. u get a line that shows you the direction.. just follow it.
i voted "good" and not "very good".. cos here maps works very well on my device but doesnt cover some of the villages nearby.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)