Help please, whatsapp only recives messages if i open it

pedrodg28

Oct 3, 2013
Visit site
Well, here is the problem, i do not get notifications of new messages, when i check from another phone, it shows that in fact my phone hasn't recive the message, as if whatsapp wasn't running in the background(i checked on the menu and whatsapp is allowed to run) but if i open whatsapp i get the message instantly, help me please :(

Dreamspell

Oct 20, 2013
Visit site
It's a known issue, I have reported it. This is the response from whatsapp support:

Sorry for the inconvenience. This is a known issue and we are doing our best to improve WhatsApp in a future update.

Blacklac

Nov 10, 2011
Visit site
This has been a persisting issue for months, for me. Probably over a dozen updates and it still happens. Granted, sometimes my messages push through, sometimes I get them when I open the App.

Unfortunately, I can't deal with Skype or Kik, so I deal with these WhatsApp bugs. :/

kicktech

May 18, 2015
Visit site
Nokia 930 with same issue. Even though "Battery Saver's setting "Conserve battery life" is set to off, I went to "Settings" "Battery Saver" Selected "WhatsApp" and turned "allow app to run in the background" on, and ticked "Allow this app to run in the background even when Battery Saver is on". (Had to turn the sound on for the WhatsApp notifications again for some reason as well) Works perfectly now!!!!

Bilkiss11

Feb 15, 2016
Visit site
Hi All,

Just in case some of you are still in need of a solution to this issue, just disable whatsapp for app optimisation.

(ANDROID) SETTINGS > BATTERY > app optimisation

Select whatsapp and disable it. It worked for me as mine was set to always powersaving previously.

Nikita Singh

Jun 29, 2016
Visit site
Well, here is the problem, i do not get notifications of new messages, when i check from another phone, it shows that in fact my phone hasn't recive the message, as if whatsapp wasn't running in the background(i checked on the menu and whatsapp is allowed to run) but if i open whatsapp i get the message instantly, help me please :(

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
infohills