12-27-2017 09:42 PM
120 1234 ...
tools
    Any chance you saved some video as Offline Cache, but not downloaded them as files?

Actually when using "watch offline“ feature, videos was just cached, so you cannot copy them around.
    There's also copyright issue. We will review this feature next year and see what we can do.

Thanks for this great feature, but I cannot get it to work on my AT&T Lumia 520 running GDR3. I entered the server address on my browser, and entered the password. On the lefthand column is listed videos, music, images, documents, other. When I click that, nothing comes up. It says, "no files". I can transfer files from my computer to my phone, but not vice versa. I tried 3 different browsers (Internet Explorer 10, Chrome, and Firefox).
    12-26-2013 08:36 PM
    Can you add auto fill feature?

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk
    ajcletus500 likes this.
    12-27-2013 12:53 AM
    I know this isn't the point of the app, but could you perhaps add uploading files to more than just SkyDrive? (ie. Box, gDrive, Copy.com, Drop Box)
    12-27-2013 01:00 AM
    Opening wmpoweruser.com crashes UC browser.. dnt know why :(
    vinrulez likes this.
    12-27-2013 01:11 AM
    Why don't UC browser replicate a mouse hover function? As when sometimes on a PC, hovering the mouse on top of a menu shows up a drop down menu? Very much needed.
    ajcletus500 likes this.
    12-27-2013 01:20 AM
    Actually UC Browser is a cross-platform mobile browser. We start building our product back into Java days, and then Symbian, BB, iPhone, Android.
    We were long time No.1 mobile browser in China, and have beat Opera to be No.1 in India this year.

As a company with 400 million users, profit was not that important on WP for us. So we will focus on user experience and polishing our product.

How UC team generates profit?
    husfus likes this.
    12-27-2013 01:59 PM
    We already provided auto fill for id and password.
    But for HTTPS connection, we don;t do this due to security reason.

Do you mean you need auto fill in other website forms? Could you give us a link?

Can you add auto fill feature?

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk
    12-27-2013 02:05 PM
    We will try to do something with upload button on webpages, letting them upload from downloaded files.
    But it's risky.

What's your favorite online storage anyway?

I know this isn't the point of the app, but could you perhaps add uploading files to more than just SkyDrive? (ie. Box, gDrive, Copy.com, Drop Box)
    12-27-2013 02:09 PM
    Large desktop sites eat through memory quickly.
    But this won't happen frequently.

If it crashs all the time, could you please tell us which phone model, carrier were you using?
    And was your phone GDR3 or GDR2?

Opening wmpoweruser.com crashes UC browser.. dnt know why :(
    12-27-2013 02:15 PM
    Hi Taymur:

We would love to add such feature for you. Could you please provide a link so we can see what we can do ?

Why don't UC browser replicate a mouse hover function? As when sometimes on a PC, hovering the mouse on top of a menu shows up a drop down menu? Very much needed.
    12-27-2013 02:16 PM
    What formats of file can I download through the browser out of curiosity?
    12-27-2013 02:23 PM
    Dear UC Browser, i think the "downloading" feature should be enhanced more. The reason being is that files can be downloaded only when we provide external links in download section. If that feature (for example downloading .mp3's .mp4's etc) is added automatically to download, it will make the app even more simpler.
    Vishnu Hs likes this.
    12-27-2013 02:37 PM
    Anything , it's standard HTTP.
    But you will need 3rd app to open some file, like pdfreader for .pdf files
    What formats of file can I download through the browser out of curiosity?
    12-27-2013 02:55 PM
    Sorry sir, I don't get it
    Do you mean when clicking a link, it just starts downloading, don't ask for option, so you can click next file to download?
    Or do you mean we can provide some "recommendation" or even download it automatically?

Dear UC Browser, i think the "downloading" feature should be enhanced more. The reason being is that files can be downloaded only when we provide external links in download section. If that feature (for example downloading .mp3's .mp4's etc) is added automatically to download, it will make the app even more simpler.
    12-27-2013 02:58 PM
    Is it possible to make UC browser your main browser? Because when I use the search button on my phone it keeps using IE and I don't want ie lol xD how about adding a thing that can make you retrive your bookmarks from google chrome? Like the app "chrync" but it is onboard the browser ;)
    12-27-2013 03:04 PM
    Text wrap/word wrap

I know a lot of people will say the website has to support it but this is not the case with Dolphin Browser for Android. It always text wrap/word wrap every website I go to and no matter how much I zoom in or make the text big it will always condense the width so that it fits perfect on the screen and I would only have to scroll down in order to read. Never left or right.

If you can do this then you are a generous god.
    ajcletus500 likes this.
    12-27-2013 03:07 PM
    Downloading the files without asking would be inappropriate. For example, it's difficult to download files from the native browser, but when using UC, it provides an extra flexibility to downloading files by simply providing the external link in downloading section. If you can allow downloading of files with recommendations that would be awesome. Hope you get my point this time ! :)
    12-27-2013 03:09 PM
    We will try to do something with upload button on webpages, letting them upload from downloaded files.
    But it's risky.

What's your favorite online storage anyway?
    Mine is Copy.com
    I meant like when you are browsing downloaded files and you could tap and hold to upload to whatever cloud storage you had logged in. I don't know if it's possible though.
    Thanks for responding! :D
    12-27-2013 05:09 PM
    Not possible to make UC default browser for all apps. But app developers can make us the default app to open link.

We would like to invite all developer to use our URI Association and we can setup a collaboration.
    For Chrync ,we will shoot an email to see if we can

Is it possible to make UC browser your main browser? Because when I use the search button on my phone it keeps using IE and I don't want ie lol xD how about adding a thing that can make you retrive your bookmarks from google chrome? Like the app "chrync" but it is onboard the browser ;)
    12-27-2013 10:52 PM
    Text wrap/word wrap

I know a lot of people will say the website has to support it but this is not the case with Dolphin Browser for Android. It always text wrap/word wrap every website I go to and no matter how much I zoom in or make the text big it will always condense the width so that it fits perfect on the screen and I would only have to scroll down in order to read. Never left or right.

If you can do this then you are a generous god.
    This is actually one of the things that bothers me most with WP. Not a single browser is able to do this, I'm starting to think it's an os limitation and I would love to hear a developers take on this.
    12-28-2013 05:46 AM
    er.. It's a bit complicated to be honest...
    We have done it on UC Browser for Android, and most of the early mobile platforms.

But on WP, it seems very CPU consuming to do this.
    We cannot modify how the system works, so we will need to save the page, modify it's codes and css before rendering.
    Last time we checked, it's slow and unstable, may disabling images or affect cookie/js
    So we can't release this feature before it became mature.

Tho we will keep an eye on it. It's said that WP 8.1 is near and it provide a lot of new features, let's hope for the best in the new year:)

This is actually one of the things that bothers me most with WP. Not a single browser is able to do this, I'm starting to think it's an os limitation and I would love to hear a developers take on this.
    12-30-2013 02:25 AM
    Large desktop sites eat through memory quickly.
    But this won't happen frequently.

If it crashs all the time, could you please tell us which phone model, carrier were you using?
    And was your phone GDR3 or GDR2?
    It crashes always..
    I am using Lumia 720 with Amber update(GDR2)
    12-30-2013 02:56 AM
    Is there anyway to save videos to videos and music hub? I tried to download mp4 videos and 3gp videos and when on downloaded section of videos on uc browser when i click export to hub uc browser automatically exports them to mp3 files..

Plz tell me is it possible to save videos from uc browser to videos hub?

Hala Madrid
    12-30-2013 03:14 AM
    Its very awesome we can transfer files to pc via wifi... but it would be awesome if its possible to transfer files from pc to device and save in local storage.. like at least mp3 and video files.. its pain to use usb cable again and again for transferring hehe
    12-30-2013 03:27 AM
    er.. It's a bit complicated to be honest...
    We have done it on UC Browser for Android, and most of the early mobile platforms.

But on WP, it seems very CPU consuming to do this.
    We cannot modify how the system works, so we will need to save the page, modify it's codes and css before rendering.
    Last time we checked, it's slow and unstable, may disabling images or affect cookie/js
    So we can't release this feature before it became mature.

Tho we will keep an eye on it. It's said that WP 8.1 is near and it provide a lot of new features, let's hope for the best in the new year:)
    Thanks for this clarification, it was as I suspected.
    12-30-2013 03:48 AM
120 1234 ...