12-27-2017 09:42 PM
120 12345
tools
    Any chance for a Jailbreak/dev-unlock edition like you had on WP7?
    12-30-2013 11:09 PM
    Dear Team UC Browser,

I tried using UC browser today. As I still send quite many SMSes and there are no proper SMS apps for Windows Phone platform, I use the mobile web version of Way2SMS.com.
    Unfortunately, I could never get UC Browser to open the mobile version of this site. IE on my 920 always opens the browser in the mobile format, but UC Browser opens it in desktop format.
    I've tried directly pasting the link etc... nothing worked.

Is there anything I can do from my side to open the browser in mobile format:
    here is the link: Free SMS, Send Free SMS, Send Free SMS to india, Free email alerts, email2SMS, SMS Alerts,Bill Reminders, EMI Reminders, Loan Reminders, TV Shows Reminders, Future SMS, Mobile Bill Reminders
    01-02-2014 05:52 AM
    Don't know if this question has been asked but I was wondering if there is possibility to add the option to upload docs files from the documents folder in websites that have the upload button? Thank you.
    01-02-2014 06:06 AM
    Actually UC Browser is a cross-platform mobile browser. We start building our product back into Java days, and then Symbian, BB, iPhone, Android.
    We were long time No.1 mobile browser in China, and have beat Opera to be No.1 in India this year.

As a company with 400 million users, profit was not that important on WP for us. So we will focus on user experience and polishing our product.
    Haha. I remember using UC Browser (Symbian) on my Nokia X6. Even then, UC provided the most fluid web browsing experience! Hats off to you guys!
    UC Browser likes this.
    01-02-2014 09:19 AM
    What feature do you want on a Jailbreak phone?

We just get our hand on with a Jailbreaked Samsung ATIV and would like to try.
    But Jailbreaking dosn't mean you know what to do and how to do things.
    We may have ideas, but there won't be MSDN documents telling you what api/command was available.
    It's more like hacking and reverse engineering, one simple feature may take a lot of time.

Any chance for a Jailbreak/dev-unlock edition like you had on WP7?
    01-03-2014 04:01 AM
    This one is hard..

1. We can't read documents folder at this moment
    2. WP Uploading feature currently support pic only

"Upload downloaded files" and "SD Card file reading" were in our todo list. We will see what we can do when dealing with this.

Don't know if this question has been asked but I was wondering if there is possibility to add the option to upload docs files from the documents folder in websites that have the upload button? Thank you.
    01-03-2014 04:05 AM
    FILE MANAGER!

Part of joking:) Actually we are seriously trying to work with Nokia to include file manage, so file uploading, downloading and managing can all be done.
    But still, there's many uncertainty. So please stay tuned.

As of next version: Bluetooth sharing!
    Yes this feature should come before Wifi sharing, but.....well you know, **** happens and it's life...

WHAT FEATURES CAN WPusers EXPECT IN FUTURE UPDATE OF UCBrowser??
    pmhgeneral likes this.
    01-03-2014 04:10 AM
    I love this browser more than any other browser out there .. But it keeps crashing and there's a lot of lag .. I remember using it on Symbian ..it was very fluid .. But lags a lot on wp8 ..
    01-03-2014 04:24 AM
    This one is hard..

1. We can't read documents folder at this moment
    2. WP Uploading feature currently support pic only.
    wow, Microsoft is anti-business people... Not wonder why the business community does not adapt windows phone yet.
    01-03-2014 05:08 AM
    can you add NFC support? This is related to Bluetooth sharing I believe.
    01-04-2014 11:34 PM
    NFC is easy to use, but not that practical.

1. They only work with WP, and Lumia 520 (which hold 30% of market share)didn't support NFC.
    2. It can only share files from Picture/Music/Video folder. If you want to share files in app, both phone will need to install UC Browser.

So we think NFC is not that convenient at current stage..
    can you add NFC support? This is related to Bluetooth sharing I believe.
    01-05-2014 09:56 PM
    I love this browser, but I often need it to support reporting the phone's location. Is there some reason this feature is not there or just haven't got around to adding it yet?
    01-07-2014 12:56 PM
    NFC only works with WP? I thought it works with android too. I was able to send a link to my friend using a Samsung in IE.
    01-07-2014 03:00 PM
    Could you allow us to open YouTube links with Metrotube? Windows Phone Central app has this option. Ideally this would be an optional default setting in UC Browser (rather than having to select every time we click a YT link in the browser). Thanks!
    01-07-2014 04:46 PM
    Oh, as someone else asked about- some kind of manual would be helpful. I'm trying to get into UC Browser but I'm really having trouble at times understanding the layouts, drill-downs, app flow, etc.
    01-07-2014 04:48 PM
    Yes it work with Android and can send link to it, but cannot help paring Bluetooth and send files/pics to it.

If it's only link (share pages), we will see what we can do next version.
    NFC only works with WP? I thought it works with android too. I was able to send a link to my friend using a Samsung in IE.
    01-08-2014 03:27 AM
    FILE MANAGER!

Part of joking:) Actually we are seriously trying to work with Nokia to include file manage, so file uploading, downloading and managing can all be done.
    But still, there's many uncertainty. So please stay tuned.

As of next version: Bluetooth sharing!
    Yes this feature should come before Wifi sharing, but.....well you know, **** happens and it's life...
    Its too good to hear that uc team is trying to work with Nokia to include file manager,thank you uc web :)
    01-08-2014 10:59 AM
    just so you know, the recent update released today still hasn't fix the ipv6 problem. the address bar is still too small for the ipv6 address
    01-10-2014 09:32 PM
    I've downloaded videos from the latest version of uc browser. Where can i find the files? It was downloaded via regular download and i already switch the videos to hub. But cant find anything on my music folder both phone and external storage.
    Last edited by Sebastianx; 01-12-2014 at 03:21 AM.
    01-12-2014 02:52 AM
    It's a quick fix for other problems
    ipv6 for wifi sharing will be there in 3.4

just so you know, the recent update released today still hasn't fix the ipv6 problem. the address bar is still too small for the ipv6 address
    01-13-2014 02:55 AM
    Usually the file can be found as a .mp3 file with same filename.
    in "music/unknown artist" folder
    I've downloaded videos from the latest version of uc browser. Where can i find the files? It was downloaded via regular download and i already switch the videos to hub. But cant find anything on my music folder both phone and external storage.
    01-13-2014 02:58 AM
    Does it cache web pages on UC's server or serves fresh pages directly from the web server?
    01-13-2014 03:06 AM
    Will u add capability to modify the mp3 tags for the files we download.
    Also if not can you maybe make a separate app for it.
    01-13-2014 03:29 AM
    hello,
    im pretty sure this issue has been touched upon before, but incase it havent:

-can u disable "back" by swiping a left to right swipe?
    either remove it, or present an option for the user.?

because at the moment its killing me :P, i CANT browse any desktop websites that way, every time i want to pan left, the browser will take me "back" to the previous page...

i tried using UC as a main browser for 3 weeks, but gave up eventually, i can live with all its other disadvantages vs the default IE, because i believe that UC does bring alot to the table :)
    James8561 likes this.
    01-14-2014 11:59 AM
    Will do after this version
    hello,
    im pretty sure this issue has been touched upon before, but incase it havent:

-can u disable "back" by swiping a left to right swipe?
    either remove it, or present an option for the user.?

because at the moment its killing me :P, i CANT browse any desktop websites that way, every time i want to pan left, the browser will take me "back" to the previous page...

i tried using UC as a main browser for 3 weeks, but gave up eventually, i can live with all its other disadvantages vs the default IE, because i believe that UC does bring alot to the table :)
    01-17-2014 07:31 AM
120 12345