The UC Browser teams want to answer your questions

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
Here we go again we have another developer who loves our community so much that they want to hand out and answer some questions. Lots of great stuff coming soon from UC Browser. I hear there might be an update coming soon.

mase123987

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
I will tell you one thing Dave: I would kill for a browser on WP with full Flash support. I don't imagine that will ever be possible, but that would earn a Live Tile at the top of my screen.

BTW:
wp_ss_20131219_0002.png

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
What would be super, is if UC allowed for WiFi transfer to PC. There may need to be a companion app, like GetThemAll, but it would be AWESOME.

Maybe even import directly to the ringtone hub..

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I have is with certain web pages. For example in pages with multiple tabs to display information I tap on it but it doesn't show info as it is supposed to be in normal desktops I think it's not about flash since I could open that page on my old Symbian device. It worth it to plus that I can't see the mentioned content on Internet Explorer (WP) either.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Xra, you're talking about hovering. As I understand (and I may be wrong on specifics), this has to do with issues re: Java and html5 integration or lack thereof. IE on WP is optimized for html5, which is to be the new standard across the interwebs. It irks me too, but it is ultimately up to the web publishers to get with the program.

junjunoori

Feb 3, 2013
Visit site
Hi, When I swipe from left to right in the browser, I go to previous page which is frustrating. Have you implemented it on purpose or is it a bug? This happens mostly when I zoom into the page and move towards left and I go back to the previous page. I'm using Lumia 820(GDR3).

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
Hi, When I swipe from left to right in the browser, I go to previous page which is frustrating. Have you implemented it on purpose or is it a bug? This happens mostly when I zoom into the page and move towards left and I go back to the previous page. I'm using Lumia 820(GDR3).

Same problem for me, I us uc browsers for reading my local newspaper it's one of the only one's that works great on my 822 Lumia, it's fast, zoom in and out is great keep up the great work.

aximtreo

Jul 14, 2008
Visit site
OK, for those of us that aren't as intuitive as some other users, is there a general users guide for this app? I've tried it in the past but never got full satisfaction that I knew what I was doing.

Thanks for any heads up.

one6o4

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
I will tell you one thing Dave: I would kill for a browser on WP with full Flash support. I don't imagine that will ever be possible, but that would earn a Live Tile at the top of my screen.

+1 to this.

Is there at all a possibility of Flash working in the browser?

Or even using the iPhone user-agent and viewing the page as an 'i-device'. Some sites seem to have an 'iOS' version of live flash streams.

UC Browser team, would be able to add additional user-agents? We can view as desktop already.

Cheers!

Last edited:

indieimprint

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
Can there be a way to force 1080p desktop resolution? I have found a problem with a few sites even with the desktop setting that still show up as condensed mobile versions on the Lumia 1520, for example bloomberg.com and soundcloud.com. Interestingly, soundcloud.com does show up with full desktop resolution in IE.

VahiDJ

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
It's very annoying when you waiting for a page to load, then a message received, you go to read that message and come back to browser to see your loaded page, you see that the page stopped loading and you have to refresh it. the problem is not related to only UC Browser, all other non-IE browsers have the same problem.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

BTW:
View attachment 52382

We want to see Flash support, too. We are looking to work together with developers of Flash Videos.

Developers: if you have solutions for Flash, please contact us and we can talk.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
What would be super, is if UC allowed for WiFi transfer to PC. There may need to be a companion app, like GetThemAll, but it would be AWESOME.

Maybe even import directly to the ringtone hub..

Actually we just updated UC Browser for WP to support Wi-Fi sharing!

UC Browser continues its update spree; version 3.3 adds Wi-Fi sharing, pin to Speed Dial and more | Windows Phone Central

“Next up is Wi-Fi sharing, allowing the transfer of files between phones, tablets and a PC. It's super simple to get set up. Head into the Download Manager, click on the Wi-Fi icon and you're good to go, following on-screen instructions.“

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
The only issue I have is with certain web pages. For example in pages with multiple tabs to display information I tap on it but it doesn't show info as it is supposed to be in normal desktops I think it's not about flash since I could open that page on my old Symbian device. It worth it to plus that I can't see the mentioned content on Internet Explorer (WP) either.

Would you please provide links to these webpages? We'll look into this.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site

Hi junjunoori. Sorry for the inconvenience. The back/forward Gesture Control has been a popular feature on UC Browser. It looks like we made it a bit too sensitive in v3.2. We have made some adjustments in v3.3 to improve the experience.

Please give it a try in our latest version and let us know whether you notice an improvement. Thanks!

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
+1 to this.

Is there at all a possibility of Flash working in the browser?

Or even using the iPhone user-agent and viewing the page as an 'i-device'. Some sites seem to have an 'iOS' version of live flash streams.

UC Browser team, would be able to add additional user-agents? We can view as desktop already.

Cheers!

Hi one6o4. Currently WP does not allow for full User-Agent switching, so when visiting a webpage, UC Browser can load the page either with Desktop or iOS UA, but some resources such as CSS are forced to use native IE mobile UA. This can affect the reliability of Desktop Mode and cause login issues on some websites. We will try to alter the UA for some websites.

If you know of sites where the “iOS version” offers a better experience, please let us know. Thank you for your suggestion!

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Can there be a way to force 1080p desktop resolution? I have found a problem with a few sites even with the desktop setting that still show up as condensed mobile versions on the Lumia 1520, for example bloomberg.com and soundcloud.com. Interestingly, soundcloud.com does show up with full desktop resolution in IE.

We will look into those websites. The problem you mentioned sounds like it has to do with User-Agent. As mentioned above, WP forces the usage of the native IE mobile UA in certain situations. We will continue to work on this. Thanks.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers