The UC Browser teams want to answer your questions

jordanfernandes

Dec 18, 2012
Visit site
My friend has a 920 and he tells me that music files downloaded from UC can be transferred to music+videos. But its not possible on my 7.8 device. So will the feature be available in the future updates? This is something I really want to do. And same goes for videos if possible. Also the 3.3 update is not available on 7.8 devices:(
Please reply.

Shawn Magm

Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Actually we just updated UC Browser for WP to support Wi-Fi sharing!

UC Browser continues its update spree; version 3.3 adds Wi-Fi sharing, pin to Speed Dial and more | Windows Phone Central

?Next up is Wi-Fi sharing, allowing the transfer of files between phones, tablets and a PC. It's super simple to get set up. Head into the Download Manager, click on the Wi-Fi icon and you're good to go, following on-screen instructions.?

Thanks for this great feature, but I cannot get it to work on my AT&T Lumia 520 running GDR3. I entered the server address on my browser, and entered the password. On the lefthand column is listed videos, music, images, documents, other. When I click that, nothing comes up. It says, "no files". I can transfer files from my computer to my phone, but not vice versa. I tried 3 different browsers (Internet Explorer 10, Chrome, and Firefox).

James8561

Dec 3, 2012
Visit site
I don't see any file because I can't even connect to the phone.
the IP box shows an ipv6 address which is very long.
example: 2001:0db8:85a3:0000:0000:8a2e:0370:7334

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Any chance you saved some video as Offline Cache, but not downloaded them as files?

Actually when using "watch offline“ feature, videos was just cached, so you cannot copy them around.
There's also copyright issue. We will review this feature next year and see what we can do.

Thanks for this great feature, but I cannot get it to work on my AT&T Lumia 520 running GDR3. I entered the server address on my browser, and entered the password. On the lefthand column is listed videos, music, images, documents, other. When I click that, nothing comes up. It says, "no files". I can transfer files from my computer to my phone, but not vice versa. I tried 3 different browsers (Internet Explorer 10, Chrome, and Firefox).

Jack Janik

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I know this isn't the point of the app, but could you perhaps add uploading files to more than just SkyDrive? (ie. Box, gDrive, Copy.com, Drop Box)

taymur

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Why don't UC browser replicate a mouse hover function? As when sometimes on a PC, hovering the mouse on top of a menu shows up a drop down menu? Very much needed.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Actually UC Browser is a cross-platform mobile browser. We start building our product back into Java days, and then Symbian, BB, iPhone, Android.
We were long time No.1 mobile browser in China, and have beat Opera to be No.1 in India this year.

As a company with 400 million users, profit was not that important on WP for us. So we will focus on user experience and polishing our product.

How UC team generates profit?

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
We already provided auto fill for id and password.
But for HTTPS connection, we don;t do this due to security reason.

Do you mean you need auto fill in other website forms? Could you give us a link?

Can you add auto fill feature?

Sent from my Lumia 820 using Tapatalk

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
We will try to do something with upload button on webpages, letting them upload from downloaded files.
But it's risky.

What's your favorite online storage anyway?

I know this isn't the point of the app, but could you perhaps add uploading files to more than just SkyDrive? (ie. Box, gDrive, Copy.com, Drop Box)

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Large desktop sites eat through memory quickly.
But this won't happen frequently.

If it crashs all the time, could you please tell us which phone model, carrier were you using?
And was your phone GDR3 or GDR2?

Opening wmpoweruser.com crashes UC browser.. dnt know why :(

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi Taymur:

We would love to add such feature for you. Could you please provide a link so we can see what we can do ?

Why don't UC browser replicate a mouse hover function? As when sometimes on a PC, hovering the mouse on top of a menu shows up a drop down menu? Very much needed.

Siddhartha Shivam

Dec 15, 2013
Visit site
Dear UC Browser, i think the "downloading" feature should be enhanced more. The reason being is that files can be downloaded only when we provide external links in download section. If that feature (for example downloading .mp3's .mp4's etc) is added automatically to download, it will make the app even more simpler.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Sorry sir, I don't get it
Do you mean when clicking a link, it just starts downloading, don't ask for option, so you can click next file to download?
Or do you mean we can provide some "recommendation" or even download it automatically?

Dear UC Browser, i think the "downloading" feature should be enhanced more. The reason being is that files can be downloaded only when we provide external links in download section. If that feature (for example downloading .mp3's .mp4's etc) is added automatically to download, it will make the app even more simpler.

Aldwin1999

Oct 2, 2013
Visit site
Is it possible to make UC browser your main browser? Because when I use the search button on my phone it keeps using IE and I don't want ie lol xD how about adding a thing that can make you retrive your bookmarks from google chrome? Like the app "chrync" but it is onboard the browser ;)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb