The UC Browser teams want to answer your questions

Oliver_wd

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
I agree, CSS :hover support is very much needed.

You need examples? Just take a look at your own website menu at www.ucweb.com. View it with desktop useragent or click on "PC" at the very bottom of your mobile site.
Embarrassing? ;)
Your menu even uses javascript and is still not working in uc browser on WP. Pure CSS drop down menus or any other simple CSS :hover function should be supported too.
Yes, to perform :hover a pointer would be needed, however every major plattform/browser has a solution to simulate :hover on touch devices.
Stu Nicholls has some nice examples for such pure css menus, i.e.: Stu Nicholls | CSSplay | Droplist menu suitable for touch screens

uc browser is the only one I've testet which is not supporting it. However this seems only to happen on windows phone. uc browser worked fine on android and ios.

Internet Explorer had similar issues, check here how they solved it: Hover touch support (Windows)
However this has to be implemented by the webdeveloper when coding the website. Better solution would be a native support for standard :hover as ios seems to do it.

Websites begin supporting touch and small screens, however this will be a long road. A major browser should have the ability to support "desktop websites" at least as far as all content can be viewed. Not supporting (specific) navigation menus is a major problem here I think.

For me as a webdeveloper now the question is how fast can I fix my css drop down menu (without using JavaScript) for your browser.
Can you provide any "workaround" like Microsoft did? And when will it be supported natively?

Anyway, thanks for giving support on a public forum, appreciate that :)

Hi Taymur:

We would love to add such feature for you. Could you please provide a link so we can see what we can do ?

Why don't UC browser replicate a mouse hover function? As when sometimes on a PC, hovering the mouse on top of a menu shows up a drop down menu? Very much needed.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
Got a question regarding downloaded videos [UCDownload folder]
So I downloaded video from youtube ( through SSyoutube.com aka Savefrom.net) and exported it to Pictures\UCDownload. but the problem is dont see that folder on the phone, however when i connect phone to PC the folder is there.. Pictures/UCDownload.. Is there anyway I can open that folder on the phone so I could share videos via Whatsapp?

birgs

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
Adding features to uc browser that we can send websites to OneNote for offline reading. Like on windows 8 Desktop internet explorer web can send to OneNote.

ca_guri

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Any chance you saved some video as Offline Cache, but not downloaded them as files?

Actually when using "watch offline? feature, videos was just cached, so you cannot copy them around.
There's also copyright issue. We will review this feature next year and see what we can do.

Can we get the feature which will allow us to save the cached video files via youtube???

fendetto

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
ill have problem when using youtube when i play the video.. the video doesnt show just a voice when using ie11 its function as normal..hmm weird..

ajaya p

Feb 10, 2014
Visit site
Please add background downloading in 2g network. downloading stopped when my screen is fully locked, minimize the app and colsed the app.

Vishnu Hs

Jan 31, 2014
Visit site
First of all i want to thank the team of UC for such an amazing and feature included browser..now coming to development,the only thing i need is wifi sharing frm phone to phone(kinda like flash transfer,super beam)...all other features are already present...cheers

spyderzWPC

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
one of the few things I am missing from this phone is flash.. specifically the ability to use SiriusXM (web site requires flash) if you can solve this I would be a happy camper

vishj05

Oct 10, 2013
Visit site
Not sure if this thread is still active.
Surfing Facebook on UC browser is real pain. Images are cropped. and often while navigating, page gets struck. Could you please check this

Sebastian Ghenghea

Sep 25, 2014
Visit site
Is there a way u can disable last page loading when entering the app? For me it is unnecesary because when I enter the app I am interested on something else. And if I want to visit the page that was opened when I closed the app I will go to history or i will save that page to my bookmarks. I like the new UI Design, and the tiles, but it is annoying that i always have to press the x button to stop loading the page or home button, so I can not use the tiles to much.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss