Canon CameraWindow app for Windows Phone 8?

western_riders_dad

Dec 22, 2012
Visit site
I just purchased a Canon PowerShot S110 and a PowerShot ELPH 330. Both models support WiFi photo sharing, however, are dependent upon Canon's mobile CameraWindow application. Canon offers this application for Android and iOS, however, not for Windows Phone 8. I am just curious as to whether anyone has contacted Canon, and received any response re: plans to develop the app for this platform. I submitted an email question to them, but have not yet received a reply.

Thanks in advance!

Update: I rec'd an email response from Canon, stating they could not "confirm" any development or support for CameraWindow for Windows Phone 8.
<sigh>

Last edited:

Fyouture Youser

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Four months ago I send them an email and got reply:

Dear xxxx xxxx:

Thank you for your inquiry about connecting your PowerShot SX280 HS to your Windows phone.
At this time, there is no app that allows you to connect your camera to your Windows phone. There is also no official notification, at this time, that this capability will come to our cameras.

Please let us know if we can be of any further assistance with your PowerShot SX280 HS.

Thank you for choosing Canon.

Sincerely,

Robert
Technical Support Representative

Anyone out there please send an email to Canon and ask for Windows Phone app. I think they will eventually start supporting it after they acknowledge the need.

Anglerdk

Aug 23, 2013
Visit site
Canon in general isn't especially good in network functions (printers too) , but perhaps it is due to the lack of possibilities in wp8 (compared to ios/Android, and the little market share in western countries

Sent from my RM-892_eu_sweden_243 using Tapatalk

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brilliantick99