Most expensive app in the WP store !!

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Well guys, I wast just randomly browsing through the Windows Phone app store and guess what I found ?? I came across this app that costs $499.99. :confused:

ProResume
ProResume | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I was taken by shock and surprise. I couldn't believe my eyes at first and thought it might be a glitch or something. So I refreshed the page 2 to 3 times and still saw the same figure.

Its the most expensive app I have seen in the store. Don't think anyone is ever going to buy it. Have you guys come across more expensive than this in the WP store ?

freestaterocker

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't know if it's the exchange rate or the first of MANY price drops, but I followed the link and it shows it as $480.49. (I am in Canada) For that price it better feature guaranteed job placement...

UPDATE:

I downloaded the trial, and it's actually a service that builds your resume for you. The team behind the app will actually work with you to build your resume, including preparing multiple drafts with your direct input. That's why it's so expensive. It's the service they're offering with the app you're paying for.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I don't know if it's the exchange rate or the first of MANY price drops, but I followed the link and it shows it as $480.49. (I am in Canada) For that price it better feature guaranteed job placement...

UPDATE:

I downloaded the trial, and it's actually a service that builds your resume for you. The team behind the app will actually work with you to build your resume, including preparing multiple drafts with your direct input. That's why it's so expensive. It's the service they're offering with the app you're paying for.
Thanks mate for downloading the trial and sharing your inputs. :smile:

I still think the price is exorbitant. I would rather build my resume by myself seeing such prices. :p Being a WP end user, the first thing that popped up in mind after seeing the price was WTF? Even if the app was prices at 100$ i can bet no one would have bought it.

anony_mouse

Banned
Aug 10, 2013
Visit site
I can't really see what you guys and girls have against this app. If you don't want it, don't buy it. Why ridicule a potentially useful service?

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
I must agree with mouse. The developer is free to price their products as they see fit. If you don't like it, don't buy it.

Now if this developer intentionally set that price in an attempt to fool someone that's a different story.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
There were also a handful of those "I'm Rich" apps on the WP store, which were priced at the max ($499) and the only thing they did was show an image of a diamond! They got pulled though, so I don't have a link :(

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
All it takes is 1 bad decision after an 8ball and the dev can make a car payment. Not a terrible business decision... Lol

People that are a bit illiterate in technology can also be a source of payment for a dev. I remember a post about an older grandmother that spent $999 on a scam app on the iOS app store...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo