Most expensive app in the WP store !!

Reflexx

Dec 30, 2010
Visit site
There used to be an app called Scared?

It basically looked like a dare. It was like... are you too scared to buy this app for $499? Go ahead... press the button... or don't. Are you willing to face your fears?

I know I pretty much butchered what it probably said... but it was something kind of like that.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
At least that has a trial, unlike this one.
CalcHex | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

lololol
You spotted another one of those expensive in the WP store. I wonder how many more similar priced apps are there.

I remember seeing the Oxford Advanced Learner?s Dictionary priced at $27.99 and said to myself at the time...What an expensive app. Looking back now I would say its dirt cheap in comparison to this. ;)

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
You spotted another one of those expensive in the WP store. I wonder how many more similar priced apps are there.

I remember seeing the Oxford Advanced Learner?s Dictionary priced at $27.99 and said to myself at the time...What an expensive app. Looking back now I would say its dirt cheap in comparison to this. ;)

Did you have a Windows Mobile device back in the day? If you did, you'd feel that $20 for a regular app in the Windows Mobile Marketplace would be reasonable. Hard to believe, huh... I remember GPS apps from a company I forgot the name of used to price their WM apps $30! And a homescreen theme application was around that price too!

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Well guys, I wast just randomly browsing through the Windows Phone app store and guess what I found ?? I came across this app that costs $499.99. :confused:

ProResume
ProResume | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I was taken by shock and surprise. I couldn't believe my eyes at first and thought it might be a glitch or something. So I refreshed the page 2 to 3 times and still saw the same figure.

Its the most expensive app I have seen in the store. Don't think anyone is ever going to buy it. Have you guys come across more expensive than this in the WP store ?

clint_ew.gif

At least that has a trial, unlike this one.
CalcHex | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

lololol

Jerry-Seinfeld-No-Thanks-and-Leave.gif

gsquared

Jun 26, 2011
Visit site
The value of any app is based upon its usefulness. Say I build an app that a user could use to make profit or help to run their business. Shouldn't that app have some real value associated with it?

Going back to the original app of this topic. What if this app is legit and there product is so good it really is worth $500.00. Say I buy the app and it helps me to land a six-figure position. I would feel $500 to be a reasonable cost. Another example. This year I spent $200.00 on an Excel Add-In that helps me with my trading activities. Without Excel the application (well, its not even an application) is worthless. But when made useful it was worth every penny.

The ones that are outright fraud are what MSFT, and the individual must keep an eye out for.

Last edited:

genuine555

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
Jesus Christ man !

For $400+ I'll do my own resum?, thank you very much ;)

If you can't do a resum?, you shouldn't be carrying that kind of money to spend anyway (chuckle)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo