Hello,

I am planning to do a start-up. I got to know that Windows phone users love their device, but they have concerns with the number of apps available on the platform. They would like to have popular apps from Android or iPhone available on Windows Phone.

My idea is to make android apps available on Windows Phone. I have explained the idea in following survey.

Could you please help me understand your sentiments as a windows phone user? I would really love to have your feedback on this.Its a short survey.it wont take much time Here is the link to my survey -
    Survey : Run Android apps on Windows Phone

Thank you!
    husfus likes this.
    12-26-2013 07:06 AM
    I really don't think it is a good idea. Even if you manage to find someone who makes this, it requires huge amount of coding.
    WP has almost all the apps available to android. Also apps are designed to use phone's hardware and settings and it'd not be an easy task.

Just saying, be happy with the ecosystem you have.
    12-26-2013 07:39 AM
    @Windows8Lover, to do what you want, you will first have to make a supreme compiler that will work on Windows, MAC and (not or) Linux. That's hardly possible because the arhitecture of those OSes are complete different.
    Second step would be to make practically the same smartphone OSes, which means that there wouldn't be Windows Phone, iOS and Android anymore and every device maker would need to make practically the same hardware that can use the same software background. People would not like that. I prefer Windows Phone as it is and any logical change in development process of making apps for WP would kill me.

This will never happen even if you get one million peoples with you, because Microsoft, Apple and Google are gigantic companies and they will do whatever it is in their power to destroy the competition, not work with them.
    12-26-2013 06:50 PM