Win WPCentral store gifts from UC Browser by sharing your thoughts about browsers!

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
We want to hear your thoughts because we want to make your browsing experience on WP even better!

Tell us, what is the most important feature you look for in your WP browser, or what is your favorite feature of a browser for Android/iOS?
Be it features from apps you used on WP, from other browsers on other platform, we would love to start a discussion with it.
Share your thoughts and suggestions with us from Dec. 31, 2013 to Jan.14, 2014. Six lucky winners will be drawn randomly to each get the chance to pick one item (up to $50) from the WPCentral Store!

As a pioneer of innovation, UC Browser, together with Microsoft on WP OS, always seeks to make continuous improvements.
The UC Browser WP team, who invested in R&D right after Nokia unveiled Lumia 800 in early 2011, is now inviting you to join the discussion to win gifts at the start of 2014!
Happy New Year!

The list of our lucky winners can be viewed here (updated every 2-3 days) :
We will start sending out prizes within 10 working days after the event to allow us time to collect the winners' information. By now we have 6 winners here :

winner1.jpgwinners 2.png61.png77.png35.png79.png

Congratulations! Please contact us via private message before 2014/1/20. Failure to do so will forfeit your prize. Thank you for joining the discussion!
Now our event has come to a happy termination.Thank you for your attention and participation.We will always work for providing you the best browser for your better browsing experience.
WPCentral.jpg ???.png

Free download from the Windows Phone Store

Last edited:

BatteryLife

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
For browsers mostly I'll be looking for smoothness, battery friendlyness. For me, UC Browser is quite good, except that it lacks quite some functions that I need.

1) Text wrapping is required. I know that the UC team have been working on it, looking forward to a stress free scrolling =D
2) The save pages needs to be optimized. One particular thing I like about opera mini is the function to save pages without loading. Once you loaded the page, you need not load it again when saving the page, which is not what UC Browser is doing.

Except for those functions, there are actually nothing more that I want.

P.S. Why is UC Browser running in the background and cannot be disabled?

Happy New Year everyone =D

Albene

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
For me, the user interface comes first. That is the first thing that hooks me. Is it easy to use? Does it have unique features that I will use?

Second would be browsing speed. A browser may be really fancy but it'll lose points if it doesn't load pages well.

Happy New Year everyone!

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
incognito & text-only features are excellent. text-only helps a lot on saving on bandwidth.
apart from that, setting default "visit as phone" also optimises various sites and makes browsing much faster.
what i do look forward is to sync the various bookmarks between my phone and my win 8 pc.

Prakhar Mohan1

Nov 23, 2013
Visit site
This is i think my first mobile browser. It`s a great browser with so many in built features.You can do anything with UC, Besides there are regular updates rolling out to make it more and more stable and handy to use.The wifi sharing option is a boon for us.You have all the ifno about your data as well as your wifi connection. The speed of downloading, night mode to reduce light as wll as battery usage,Youtube video downloader is the best option in UC. The interface is so cool that in Lumia series you have no of themes to choose on. UC has helped me to stay connected from my nokia c5-03 to my nokia lumia 720

amitnahar

Oct 30, 2012
Visit site
A Download Manager, Text Reflow, Password Support are the features i look first in any browser. That being said i really like UC browser specially the Speed Mode and the excellent download manager.
Oh nd frequent updates too.

Nakazul

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
There is no denying that flash is still a problem for Windows Phone and also compatibility issues with html5. Its still, after using WP for so many years, very tiring to see all the problems with displaying Webb pages wrong and with errors.

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
I want a browser that incorporated the best features from browsers of both iOS and android
1 automatically adjust zoomed text to fit the page, like in htc devices
2. Reader from safari
3. The ability to play flash videos like the skyfire browser for iOS
4. Customisation options for things like text boxes, font etc.
5. Ability to open YouTube videos in the mytube/metro tube apps directly
6. Live tiles for web pages which auto update the content
I would really like to see these features incorporated into a single browser

alky13

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
The download manager, the speed dial, and the wi-fi sharing are the features that are the most important to me, and this broswer has those things, they make it a better option over IE imo, Happy New Year everyone! :)

WanderingTraveler

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
Incognito mode.

Hook, line and sinker.

<EDIT>Night mode and background downloads are important as well. I surf largely around nighttime, and white backgrounds make this unbearable.

Last edited:

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Happy New Year!

Glad you love the text wrapping feature, that means one of our ideas is correct.

For the save pages feature, we are considering making it into "read it later/collection" service. Hasn't decide using Pocket, Evernote or Flipboard. It really need some reworking so guess not that fast.

And for "background service cannot be disabled", do you mean you can find UC Browser in the "advanced" list of background tasks?
Actually that list means "These apps don't have features that DO NOT auto-run in background", so you cannot auto-block them.
It will only do background tasks when you use some of their feature, like background downloading, music playing.

You can find WPCentral, Wikipedia, Readit and myTube in the list, even if you block some of them in default list.

Hope it answered your question :)

For browsers mostly I'll be looking for smoothness, battery friendlyness. For me, UC Browser is quite good, except that it lacks quite some functions that I need.

1) Text wrapping is required. I know that the UC team have been working on it, looking forward to a stress free scrolling =D
2) The save pages needs to be optimized. One particular thing I like about opera mini is the function to save pages without loading. Once you loaded the page, you need not load it again when saving the page, which is not what UC Browser is doing.

Except for those functions, there are actually nothing more that I want.

P.S. Why is UC Browser running in the background and cannot be disabled?

Happy New Year everyone =D

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Can you explain more about "customization on text boxes", fonts was easier to understand but text boxes was a bit confusing.

I want a browser that incorporated the best features from browsers of both iOS and android
1 automatically adjust zoomed text to fit the page, like in htc devices
2. Reader from safari
3. The ability to play flash videos like the skyfire browser for iOS
4. Customisation options for things like text boxes, font etc.
5. Ability to open YouTube videos in the mytube/metro tube apps directly
6. Live tiles for web pages which auto update the content
I would really like to see these features incorporated into a single browser

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
By Flash, do you mean all sorts of video including game and form, or just videos?
Do you still run into non-video flash issues often?

There is no denying that flash is still a problem for Windows Phone and also compatibility issues with html5. Its still, after using WP for so many years, very tiring to see all the problems with displaying Webb pages wrong and with errors.

AV2RY

Sep 14, 2013
Visit site
I think "Find in page" in any mode would be great, not just "speed mode" I use that feature sometimes. That's it)
With the problem I have, opening college website, I think UC team is working on it..

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
one feature i really find useful in iOS browsers and very handy sometimes is "next" key.
suppose u r filling ur info on any login page or in any online form filling, it is damn useful.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb