Win WPCentral store gifts from UC Browser by sharing your thoughts about browsers!

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Padmanabhan Krishnamurthy1 said most of what I was going to say.......
Oh well, here are some things I want/look for.....
1.Smooth transition from Desktop to smartphone mode & vice versa.
2.Support for metrotube.
3.Overall smoothness.
4.Having the option to have address bar on screen at all times. I hope UC add this option.
5.Voice search option.
6.Create your own themes.
7.The ability to transfer bookmarks to UC browser from other third party browsers.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Address bar always on top can be done by turning off "Hide URL Bar" in advanced setting

By Metrotube, do you mean you want to see an option to jump to Metrotube and open the video there?
And by Voice search, can you tell me when you want to use such feature?

Padmanabhan Krishnamurthy1 said most of what I was going to say.......
Oh well, here are some things I want/look for.....
1.Smooth transition from Desktop to smartphone mode & vice versa.
2.Support for metrotube.
3.Overall smoothness.
4.Having the option to have address bar on screen at all times. I hope UC add this option.
5.Voice search option.
6.Create your own themes.
7.The ability to transfer bookmarks to UC browser from other third party browsers.

MAkhdar

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I think as far as features, UC Browser is doing great. The only features that I think you guys should add would be being able to save videos to the Music+Videos Hub as well as sound files.

Jul 17, 2013
Visit site
Can you explain more about "customization on text boxes", fonts was easier to understand but text boxes was a bit confusing.

What I meant to say was an option to select the form of text boxes to make them easier to discern.
For example options to enable a text box with rounded edges and an option to enable text boxes with square edges. This may sound like a really minor feature but while using the phone on a bumpy road or in any vehicle, it makes a huge difference

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I think that it'd be cool if you guys can create a built-in user agent switcher, so some webpages that restrict your access based on user agent strings can be bypassed :p
Also, it'd be nice if you guys, along with other browser developers on WP, register a URI in your app so other developers can ask users if they want to open it in IE or the 3rd party browsers. Something like:
browser:page?wpcentral.com

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Good point!
Actually we had registered the URI long time ago. Guess we need to let more developer know this.

Developer Center - UC Browser

I think that it'd be cool if you guys can create a built-in user agent switcher, so some webpages that restrict your access based on user agent strings can be bypassed :p
Also, it'd be nice if you guys, along with other browser developers on WP, register a URI in your app so other developers can ask users if they want to open it in IE or the 3rd party browsers. Something like:
browser:page?wpcentral.com

psudotechzealot

Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Address bar always on top can be done by turning off "Hide URL Bar" in advanced setting
Oh really? Thank you.

By Metrotube, do you mean you want to see an option to jump to Metrotube and open the video there?
Exactly.

And by Voice search, can you tell me when you want to use such feature?
For searching for something I cannot spell & when I just do not feel like type the website in the addressbar.

pmhgeneral

Dec 23, 2011
Visit site
SPEED DIAL TILE IMAGES.
The icons in speed dial it would be nice to be able to pick and set a image to ones that don't have one. The tile sizes and moving of them are great the way they are!

Pawan Kaushik

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Its my 3rd year with UC browser.Three years i am addicted with uc browser its fast in everything for me. And one more thing i love its downloading options just click and download.its settings nice . All in one word 'its Awesome'
....no complaint

anish patil

Jan 2, 2014
Visit site
Make the default download option to be set any where even on sd card...so no need to transfer videos to sd by wifi transfer,usb,etc. on sd card support wp phones.Makes videos lauch through Moli Player.Xap files downloaded from store can be installed...

JCtheGreat

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
These things, for me, are the most important ones.

1. Speed and Reliability. These come first to mind. Is the app stable, bug free? Is it optimized enough?
2. Interface. Is it user-friendly? Is it pleasing to the eye? Does it adhere to "metro" design of WP?
3. Features (downloader, customizability etc.) Does the app stand up to competition? Does it have a lot of useful features?

Suggestions:
1. Be able to save pages to be able to view them even when offline.
2. Be able to download directly to sd card ( I don't know if the OS has some limitations about this).
3. Quick access page tiles should all have picture in it. Some tiles don't have pictures.
4. Optimize. Minimize battery and memory usage. Squash bugs. Make it fast!

I believe this is the best browser on store. Goodluck and thank you for your app.

juanitoriv

Windows 10 Champion
Sep 1, 2012
Visit site
Like homie above said, a cursor mode might be good as a lot of sites have hovering for menu items and haven't updated to full html5. Another AWESOME thing would be the ability to upload to WebPages, like a PDF when job searching, or photos to wherever.

UC is killer though!!

Naing Tun

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
"No crash" is the most important thing for me. To be honest, I switched to UC Browser as the main browser only in the last update. Earlier versions crashed a lot in my lumia 521, and frequent blank pages (refresh the page) were really annoying in the past. The latest version is okay. It has very few crashes, but the loading bar is present for a long time in some pages. The page loads, but the loading bar persists.

If possible, I'd like to have URL suggestion & return to top button (for infinite-scroll sites).
And I think touch sensitivity is too high compared to IE. I've frequent accidental taps instead of scrolling.

PS: I don't want to participate in gifts.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
Hi JCtheGreat

For Speed and Reliability, it's a bit hard to demonstrate, but we are actually the most reliable one. And next version we will use a new method to reduce memory usage, let's hope the result:)

About Interface, we believe it's the most important part to normal users, but also the most difficult to discuss part.
So how would you rate interface of UC Browser out of 100?
Which apps do you think has the best interface
(No Rudy LOL. Your apps won too much prizes, this time we want to know if there something more interesting and new...)

These things, for me, are the most important ones.

1. Speed and Reliability. These come first to mind. Is the app stable, bug free? Is it optimized enough?
2. Interface. Is it user-friendly? Is it pleasing to the eye? Does it adhere to "metro" design of WP?
3. Features (downloader, customizability etc.) Does the app stand up to competition? Does it have a lot of useful features?

Suggestions:
1. Be able to save pages to be able to view them even when offline.
2. Be able to download directly to sd card ( I don't know if the OS has some limitations about this).
3. Quick access page tiles should all have picture in it. Some tiles don't have pictures.
4. Optimize. Minimize battery and memory usage. Squash bugs. Make it fast!

I believe this is the best browser on store. Goodluck and thank you for your app.

UC Browser

Dec 19, 2013
Visit site
By URL suggestion, do you mean when typing "go", the link "http://google.com" pop out and available to click?
I think we already added that feature, but will need more work to include more sites.

"No crash" is the most important thing for me. To be honest, I switched to UC Browser as the main browser only in the last update. Earlier versions crashed a lot in my lumia 521, and frequent blank pages (refresh the page) were really annoying in the past. The latest version is okay. It has very few crashes, but the loading bar is present for a long time in some pages. The page loads, but the loading bar persists.

If possible, I'd like to have URL suggestion & return to top button (for infinite-scroll sites).
And I think touch sensitivity is too high compared to IE. I've frequent accidental taps instead of scrolling.

PS: I don't want to participate in gifts.

JCtheGreat

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi JCtheGreat

For Speed and Reliability, it's a bit hard to demonstrate, but we are actually the most reliable one. And next version we will use a new method to reduce memory usage, let's hope the result:)

About Interface, we believe it's the most important part to normal users, but also the most difficult to discuss part.
So how would you rate interface of UC Browser out of 100?
Which apps do you think has the best interface
(No Rudy LOL. Your apps won too much prizes, this time we want to know if there something more interesting and new...)

Hi.

Speed and reliability-wise, UC browser is one of the best. I gotta give you that.

Interface-wise, it can be developed. I suggest you make it more metro to have a consistent feel and native to the OS. For me, the apps that have the best designs are WPCentral and Metrotube because of their simplicity and they're just pleasing to the eye. If I would rate the interface, I would say 75/100. I hope you improve on this.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
killshot4077