Looking for a music player

Teodor Adrian

Dec 1, 2013
Visit site
So i have my music neatly organised on folders on my computer, i copy the folders on the phone and now everything is a 20gb mess of melodies. All i want is to be able to open a certain folder and play just the songs inside it.

Right now i have no clue how the songs are sorted, for example i bought 1 album from the store, but the player shows me 16 different albums with the same name, each containing a song.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
same things happened with me. now, what i do is, before copying any album, i make sure the id tags such as album name are exactly same, with external tag editors. and then after copying the songs, we get album list in nice manner. the list sorted by artist name is absolute useless when there are multiple artists in one song such as a duet.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
Windows phone uses id tags to sort music. Download mp3tag on your computer and use that to properly tag all your music.

dby2011

Jun 20, 2012
Visit site
It's not as bad as you think. With mp3tag you can highlight a song or whole album and it will search a database (such as amazon) and automatically tag the songs and even insert album covers. It is worth spending time to do imho. I will say for just the regular music interface wp8 kind of stinks. I am hoping WP 8.1 or 9 improves the interface closer to apple or something like poweramp for android. That is the only reason I am still hanging onto my iPod.

Haigs

Jul 3, 2013
Visit site
this kind of sucks, having to tag thousands of songs ... thanks anyway guys.

I think you gonna love this. You dont need to tag your songs.
Go to a folder and select all tracks, right click and then create a playlist. Name the playlist as your folder (in windows explorer the name isnt visible but on phone it is) and you are set. Browser your mp3 from playlist tab in the phone :)

The fastest and best method to organise your music in wp8.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bevitalglucopre