My only annoyance with 6tag

jgservices

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
Is it just me or is fast resume not enabled for 6tag? It reloads every time I retouch the tile from the start screen where as, for example, Whatsapp will resume from where it left off. Is this a feature being left out on purpose? Otherwise it is amazing along with every other app Rudy Huyn has made.

On a side note, Rudy you're still my main point of thanks when it comes to the Windows phone ecosystem. I hope Microsoft realizes how much you've contributed to their growth and how many people you've pleased here. Thank you

Elephant2000

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Is this a feature being left out on purpose?

I think it is. If you look in the change logs for 6tag, and many of Rudy's other apps, he often optimizes for low spec devices. Low spec devices are the majority of the Windows Phone worldwide. By doing this, Rudy is, in fact, helping the platform.

jgservices

Mar 25, 2011
Visit site
I think it is. If you look in the change logs for 6tag, and many of Rudy's other apps, he often optimizes for low spec devices. Low spec devices are the majority of the Windows Phone worldwide. By doing this, Rudy is, in fact, helping the platform.

That would make sense for sure. I still don't see what the difference is between holding the back button and switching back to the app rather than just pressing the start screen tile when it's already open. Why are these defined as two different actions? I understand it was that way on WP7, but come on. It's very minor I know but for iPhone and even Android users (example: my an ex-iPhone user friend that is now using a Lumia 1020) it's very confusing. If the app is open, it should be open, regardless of how you switch back to it's tombstoned state

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes