The Windows 10 April 2018 update has arrived! Get the new Dell XPS 15, starting at $999.99
01-14-2014 12:22 PM
45 12
tools
    No lag the app zips right along. On most calendar apps when I see hidden appointments it comes from Facebook birthdays. On this app I don't have any hidden appointments. All my Facebook birthdates are showing. I don't have an office 360 account so I am syncing with my outlook email account only. I don't see a setting for hidden appointments like on some apps. If one was hidden I don't know how you would unhide it.
    That's cool. I don't want the hidden appointments to show. I'll see whats up with this one. Great to have choice.

Edit, the private (hidden) things do show up, in duplicate. Makes the display messy. The dev will need to address this.
    Last edited by Jazmac; 01-05-2014 at 11:25 PM.
    01-05-2014 11:14 PM
    Enabling the app is .99 cents. Hmmmm. This "killer" calender gets curiouser and curiouser. It does have a very clean (Office) look to it. I kinda like that. I bet this would look GREAT on a larger plablet like the 1520. Probably look good on a 1020 for that matter. I need to study this one a bit. The more I look, the more it makes sense to me.

Two objections I have for this calendar. I think the live tile is an orphan. It doesn't seem to match the app much. Two, announcing the app is FREE and its truly not. Free download yes, but it ain't free. But having said that, it impresses me.
    Jazz-

sorry about the in app purchase thing... I discovered that aspect late after posting... I went to sync my calendar and it hit me up... But still, the interface is sweet and the features are rich... So I hope you will agree that is a pretty strong contender in the app marketplace... It has very few reviews, but I was impressed by its functionality...
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-05-2014 11:17 PM
    i agree. this app does look promising. in fact, very promising.
    even if u dont pay up, still u can use the app comfortably, if u r ready to build ur calender afresh. that is also fine for a new phone user, as he have to do it anyway.
    01-05-2014 11:34 PM
    Does it have a dark theme?
    I currently use Cal which is a beautiful app in itself.
    Ek-Balam likes this.
    01-06-2014 12:29 AM
    As the native WP calender has always been one of my favorite parts of my WP, I have not been in the market for something new. For me and my purposes the synching between the Outlook.com and my phone is seamless and the tools are excellent. I wouldn't mind week view, but I do not miss it that much.

But I LOVE the layout of this. I truly do. I may give this a whirl so long as it interfaces with my calander on my Live account. It would be worth the buck to play with it. It is an amazing looking effort from the developers.
    01-06-2014 12:34 AM
    Now everyone has me curious.

What are the advantages of these other calender apps over our native one? I utilize the crud out of the calender, so it is important to me. The native one works so well it is a good reason why I originally tried WP.
    Dadstar0410 and crea7or like this.
    01-06-2014 12:36 AM
    This is not a MS product. It is produced by Vets&Systems.
    No, I meant why MS does not allow edit/delete of o365 appointments, which is their product.

What are the advantages of these other calender apps over our native one? I utilize the crud out of the calender, so it is important to me. The native one works so well it is a good reason why I originally tried WP.
    The native is fluient etc, but its very limited. No week view or the tile shows only next appointment even though there would be room for much more, to give you few examples.
    snowmutt likes this.
    01-06-2014 02:16 AM
    Definitely a nice calendar app with a great live tile. If only it had Task support I'd start using it over the stock app.
    01-06-2014 04:23 AM
    I syncing to my Outlook and WP Built-in calendar. The WP calendar is showing private. If I can't fix/change this the app is useless to me.
    01-06-2014 06:09 AM
    The default calendar app picks up stuff like birthday of friends from Facebook. Is it possible to have those notifications in this app?
    I have just the free version as of now and am not able to sync Google etc. Do I need to get the paid version for FB etc.?
    I am satisfied with my default app and would pay only if I see significant benefit with this. Also, is it possible to sync my official outlook calendar with this app? If it is possible, then it would make sense for me to pay.
    P.S. My company still uses office 2010, so no Outlook 365 there.
    01-06-2014 07:01 AM
    Yes
    01-06-2014 08:31 AM

I went with this one due to the fact that I could not read anything on the 30 day theme with the original calendar and also had some reoccurring appt that I could not schedule
    01-06-2014 08:33 AM
    If the native calendar would just have a readable month view I could stop buying every one of these!
    Dwight Kuhl likes this.
    01-06-2014 08:47 AM

For me one of the big failings of the built-in is that you can't look back more than a couple of weeks. 3rd-party apps usually provide that - by connecting direct to server. Also, better and more views, more bells and whistles, etc. Short comings are that 3rd-parties can't edit the calendar data directly.
    01-06-2014 11:34 AM
    The last good mobile calendar I had was on Windows Mobile. It's been downhill since then. This goes for Windows Phone as well as Android.
    dkediger and Loco5150 like this.
    01-06-2014 10:05 PM
    I gave this another 2 minute run.

The tile is ugly + the space is not utilized as goos as it could been. Also the integrated calendar runs smoother. As one would expect, but it equals still lag with this app as something is faster.

If you want to compare better tiles etc, check for WeekView8 and many others at the store.

It is still great as this app is the first in store with ability to edit o365 appointments. I hope the developers continue to work with it, and I have no doubt that if they take it little further I could be back to stay.
    01-07-2014 01:03 PM
    What is this thing about private appointment? I get notication of private appointments for each day. Is there a way to delete or disable them. It is really annoying me as of now. I have kept both the default app and this one (paid version now). But purely because of these private appointments, I don't want to look at this calendar for now. Everything else is good on this app.
    01-07-2014 10:43 PM
    I have a problem with Cal app. All tasks and events on tile are showing in black font color instead of white. It looks very bad. On all screenshots I see white fonts on tile and on my Lumia 1020 the color of the tasks and events on live tile is black. Why is that?
    01-14-2014 01:45 AM
    I have a problem with Cal app. All tasks and events on tile are showing in black font color instead of white. It looks very bad. On all screenshots I see white fonts on tile and on my Lumia 1020 the color of the tasks and events on live tile is black. Why is that?
    this will be fixed in next update which should arrive on Monday.
    alexeysalo likes this.
    01-14-2014 10:34 AM
    I just installed it and paid the .99 so I could connect to my Outlook.com account. So far I like it. The live tile needs some work but, over all it is nice.

As for the recurring appointments, I can't set a recurring appointment at all. Whenever I swipe to the option the screen says: "Disable Windows Live, Outlook.com,Built-in..." I'm not sure what that means.Says the same on the Attendees screen too.
    Phil Hendy1 likes this.
    01-14-2014 12:22 PM
45 12