Finally a KILLER Calendar app!!!!

Dwight Kuhl

Dec 21, 2013
Visit site
All-
I have been frustrated to say the least about the poor calendar apps for this awesome phone.... Untill I found and used the "Office 365 Calendar"... Its free and it dominates all... Please give it a shot if you need a calendar app as often as I do.

Phil Hendy1

Jan 5, 2014
Visit site
Hallelujah, although for me in the UK it wasn't free and cost 79 pence, all the same its by far the best and most customisable in the app store and well worth the money - colour me happy ��

Mio_WP

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
Does it show week numbers?

It looks pretty nice, but If it doesn't show week number it is behind on points already.

I wish MS would just add week view and week numbers, then the native one is awesome.

Sent from my Lumia 920 using Tapatalk

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
Creating and editing reoccurring appointments is one of the main features that I can't understand why is incomplete on most calendar applications including the built in. Looks like this might solve that for me. Guess I might have to buy the Outlook.com sync feature and see.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
Enabling the app is .99 cents. Hmmmm. This "killer" calender gets curiouser and curiouser. It does have a very clean (Office) look to it. I kinda like that. I bet this would look GREAT on a larger plablet like the 1520. Probably look good on a 1020 for that matter. I need to study this one a bit. The more I look, the more it makes sense to me.

Two objections I have for this calendar. I think the live tile is an orphan. It doesn't seem to match the app much. Two, announcing the app is FREE and its truly not. Free download yes, but it ain't free. But having said that, it impresses me.

Last edited:

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
Still no luck on my quest for a calendar that fully handles reoccurring appointments. Office 365 Calendar is unable to create or edit reoccurring appointments on Outlook.com. The default calendar, while far from perfect, still has the upper hand.

Loco5150

Oct 9, 2012
Visit site
I think I came accross this app few weeks ago, Ive been going trough probably ALL calendar apps (bought maybe 5 of them). My main problem is MS, as I am O365 user and we cannot edit / delete those events because of their restricted API. I dont understand how MS can have so poor support for their own products, but thats another story.

About this calendar app, yes its great that there finally is an app that can edit/delete O365 events, however Im not too impressed... This app offers something that other apps dont and thats cool, but the tile is pretty horrible IMO, and at least I couldnt get the tile space used as I would have wanted. With as many upcoming events as possible. Also if feels it has lag... I dont know, didnt use it for long both times I installed it.

What I eventually did to resolve this calendar thing, was that I moved to use the integrated calendar app, as it is very fluient and offers the thing I need edit/delete. I understand that it is basic with whats shown in the tile (important for me) and week numbers (not important so for me). How Ive overcome most of this personally, is started to use a lock screen calendar app, to show upcoming appintments on the top part of my lock screen. Here you have many apps that can display various information there. I have an unlocked Ativ S, so I have 3 column of tiles, so I use medium at the moment for the calendar because I have so much space, but I guess I couls also use the small tile since the events are in lock screen. The smallest tile shows the date anyway.

Benefits also for me from this is, that I want to see national holidays from Outlook.com and also few Facebook events for random parties Im attending.

WP_20140105.jpg

Here you see my lock screen, sorry had to cross over my appointments. There are many of these apps in the store (I have bought maybe 4). You can get various information included, like weather etc. Max upcming appointments you can fit is maybe 8-10, depending on do you use the detailed information below as it lifts the time+date.

By the way, o365 users, that tasks app is good. AppaMundi's Tasks just got an new update and it works good. Fluient and supports that bottom part of lock screen, nice feature to have the tasks there. I had 2day tasks before, but it is kind of heavy, long sync time and it sometimes didnt sync all things as supposed to.

I really hope MS updates its API, so that many of the apps in the store can add the possibility to edit/delete, and also I hope in WP8.1 they update the integrated calendar app.

Its great that more options are coming, and few months back I most likely would have used this, but I dont know. Im not too exited right now.

odin09

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
All of my Facebook calendar events show up as private. If I could get it to actually show them this would be great.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I went ahead and paid the $.99 to check it out. I like the look and the live tile. Adding new appointments is easy I like the layout here.

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
I went ahead and paid the $.99 to check it out. I like the look and the live tile. Adding new appointments is easy I like the layout here.

I admit devs did a perfect job if giving it an almost pure Outlook look and feel. Does it lag or display hidden appointments? I might spring the buck to see how it behaves.

Dave Blake

Mod and Ambassador Team Emeritus
Jan 11, 2008
Visit site
I admit devs did a perfect job if giving it an almost pure Outlook look and feel. Does it lag or display hidden appointments? I might spring the buck to see how it behaves.

No lag the app zips right along. On most calendar apps when I see hidden appointments it comes from Facebook birthdays. On this app I don't have any hidden appointments. All my Facebook birthdates are showing. I don't have an office 360 account so I am syncing with my outlook email account only. I don't see a setting for hidden appointments like on some apps. If one was hidden I don't know how you would unhide it.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss