It was early December when I last heard about VLC Media Player coming soon to Windows Phone. I thought it would come out for Christmas as a gift to WP users. When that didn't happen I expected it on New Years day at least. That too didn't happen and now I'm fed up waiting.

Any updates or an approx ETA when it will be available on the WP store ?
    01-05-2014 10:09 PM
    VLC development is taking forever. It is nearly impossible to find any information on the videolan website about the win8 app for vlc, let alone wp8 info.
    01-05-2014 10:31 PM
    The app has been submitted a couple of times now, but there is a big audio bug that got them rejected from the Windows Store that they're trying to fix. Patience, it's almost here :D

As for Windows Phone... yeah, that'll take a little bit more. The version that they have almost done is for W8 and 8.1, then they're going for RT, then WP.
    01-05-2014 10:33 PM
    The app has been submitted a couple of times now, but there is a big audio bug that got them rejected from the Windows Store that they're trying to fix. Patience, it's almost here :D

As for Windows Phone... yeah, that'll take a little bit more. The version that they have almost done is for W8 and 8.1, then they're going for RT, then WP.
    Isn't the RT app the same as W8 and 8.1?
    01-05-2014 10:40 PM
    Isn't the RT app the same as W8 and 8.1?
    Not entirely, as RT runs a ARM processor, the app needs to be compiled for ARM specifically and they are still having some issues with that. Once the W8/8.1 app is released it shouldn't be long however until the RT app is available and they will be using the same API for WP8 they just need to write the UI and file browser.

So hopefully we will see the apps coming out over the next few weeks.
    01-05-2014 11:14 PM
    "over the next few weeks"

This has been the synonym of "never my friend, not in this damn life" in context of any Windows Phone app. Vendors always say the same bull****: "in the coming weeks". They NEVER EVER say a well defined month. I suppose in these years you dont have to give exact facts, just the bull****, its flowing from all direction, from up and down at the same time. And the entire industry is marching to the cloud / to closed mobile ecosystems. All the advancements we saw and had in the past 20 years will be just rolling back to the past-'90s era: closed systems, 0 access given to the enduser, charge for even the most basic funtionality.
    02-05-2014 06:02 AM
    I got fed up waiting for VLC that I landed up purchasing MoliPlayer Pro. Its an excellent player and plays all formats including mkv files. Now I don't need to bother when VLC would be released as I have an alternative. They can take all the time in the world to develop their app. ;)
    Jarip, beamhardbc and aafa like this.
    02-05-2014 06:30 AM
    I'll wait for VLC because I am not satisfied on how Moliplayer handles native video files in HW Decoder.
    02-05-2014 03:46 PM
    I'll wait for VLC because I am not satisfied on how Moliplayer handles native video files in HW Decoder.
    Howcome ? I'd like to know what exactly the issue is...

I've been testing this since yesterday, and untill now it plays everything perfectly, including subs...tried native avi's, mp4, and stuff like mvk...

Only thing that is kind of crappy is the music-section. Not really that good as a musicplayer, but the videoplayer seems awesome. The Wifi feature works very well also, but DLNA doesn't seem supported...
    Gonna keep testing, and when trial is over and still playing fine, imma gonna buy it. I can live without DLNA for now, cause I only use it from PC to TV with Mezzmo anyway.
    02-05-2014 10:22 PM
    Howcome ? I'd like to know what exactly the issue is...

I've been testing this since yesterday, and untill now it plays everything perfectly, including subs...tried native avi's, mp4, and stuff like mvk...

Only thing that is kind of crappy is the music-section. Not really that good as a musicplayer, but the videoplayer seems awesome. The Wifi feature works very well also, but DLNA doesn't seem supported...
    Gonna keep testing, and when trial is over and still playing fine, imma gonna buy it. I can live without DLNA for now, cause I only use it from PC to TV with Mezzmo anyway.
    Record a 1080p video (moving objects) using Nokia Camera. It will produce a 1080p .mp4 file. Play it using the default video player. It will play smoothly and natively HW.

Now play the same file using Moliplayer using HW decoder. It is kind of lag in the start or some part of it is choppy.
    02-06-2014 01:34 AM
    Record a 1080p video (moving objects) using Nokia Camera. It will produce a 1080p .mp4 file. Play it using the default video player. It will play smoothly and natively HW.

Now play the same file using Moliplayer using HW decoder. It is kind of lag in the start or some part of it is choppy.
    I see. That's probably why I haven't noticed that. My phone is only 720p, and those are played perfectly.

Is it only with own recorded videos or also lets say a movie in 1080p, cause I've played some of those and here they play fine in HW mode on Moli.
    02-06-2014 12:29 PM
    I see. That's probably why I haven't noticed that. My phone is only 720p, and those are played perfectly.

Is it only with own recorded videos or also lets say a movie in 1080p, cause I've played some of those and here they play fine in HW mode on Moli.
    it is only with own recorded video.
    02-06-2014 03:43 PM
    it is only with own recorded video.
    Good to know...something to keep in mind when deciding to purchase it...

Any updates on the WP port of VLC ?
    AndrewL920 likes this.
    02-08-2014 02:17 PM