Best News Reader?

kyriacou48

Aug 20, 2012
Visit site
Hi fellow WPCentral'ers, I am on a quest to find a new news reader app - I recently bought the Lumia 1520 and on my 920, used Pulse, but it seems that isn't on the Store anymore. I know a little about Weave and Nextgen Reader - but which is the definitive best? Would love to hear of your thoughts and recommendations.

Cheers,

Chris

Sean Stanley

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I've been using Weave on my 8X since Google went away. I love it. Just got a Surface 2, and with latest Weave update can sync my feeds between devices. Actually the WP version is better than Win 8.1. Nice combination of usability, looks, and speed.

MJThib

Mar 1, 2007
Visit site
I have quite a few different news readers, but always seem to end up back with NextGen Reader on both WP and W8RT. Haven't found another that works as well for me, but really you need to test them out yourself. What I prefer might not match your preferences. Trial a few and see what you prefer.

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I to prefer NextGen Reader. The other readers I tested weren't that good especially when it comes to best using the display space.

avlad

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Long time loorker, first posting now. Hello everyone!
I must say I apreciate Nextgen Reader, but my preference goes to metroblur which is a newsblur client. It's faster and overall snapier than nextgen. It doesnt have a nice tile tho, but maybe will be in the work. Metroblur has become my most used app on the phone. Along with tapatalk.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb