Microsoft's E-Mail Client (Windows Phone And Windows 8)

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
I've been using Windows Phone 8 and Windows 8 for a while, now (phone since the 8x was release - 8 since developer preview was released).
One thing that is a continual nag, to me, is the slow updating of Microsoft's e-mail clients.

If I open one of the clients, read, and delete (or whatever e-mail management I choose), the other client is still just sitting there.
Given the default checking of 1 hour, I will open the opposing client and those same e-mails will be sitting there (unread and undeleted).
Maybe this is just how the game has to be played, but it seems incorrect.
It's also possible that things have always worked like this and I've just never been so in-tune with my e-mails (only check e-mail on my home computer and work computer - neither of which I'm doing at the same time).

Windows 8 is set to download e-mails, as they come in, and Windows Phone is set to 1 hour (I've had it down to 15 minutes).
Also, I'm using IMAP as the protocol.
JJ

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
It depends on your email provider. If you use a Microsoft email account or Google, you can use EAS, which provides push email for nearly instant modifications. If you don't have this as an option, you'll just have to accept 15 minute time cycles.

Joshua Jackson

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
It depends on your email provider. If you use a Microsoft email account or Google, you can use EAS, which provides push email for nearly instant modifications. If you don't have this as an option, you'll just have to accept 15 minute time cycles.
Google doesn't support EAS, anymore, do they?
I thought that was why Google Calendar doesn't work, anymore.
JJ

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Felix999