Question regarding MoliPlayer Pro

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

If I remember currently, sometime ago MoliPlayer Pro had in the description that the videos must be in the camera folder, only then the app would detect the videos. I revisited the app page today and found that this note is no more present.

Can someone using MoliPlayer Pro please tell me if the videos can be present on the SD card or in any folder and still be detected.

rculver9056

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Just updated and tried it. It looks like the default is still the Camera Roll folder.

Shame...I won't use the app because I object to having music and videos in that folder.

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks rculver9056 for your reply. I think likewise, wouldn't like to have music and videos in the Camera Roll folder.
I was thinking of buying the app if the videos and music could be detected from any folder. The reason being I'm tired waiting for VLC Media Player to get released. Now I'm left with nothing else but to wait for VLC.

Windowlino

Mar 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm sure, it IS able to save files in another folder! When I transfer files to my phone using the integrated WLAN Server Feature they are not added to camera roll. I red somewhere, that the MoliPlayer exclusive folder must have a given name (you're not able to use a name free of choice), but cannot find it any more...

AndrewL920

Dec 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi this is my review. Playing a 1080p .mp4 movie using native/default video player is very smooth while Moliplayer plays it horribly lag or it suffers from stuttering with HW decoder. Moliplayer should be able to play .mp4 smoothly with HW decoder though SW can play it smooth, it shouldn't be that way. SW decoder should only be use if the file is not supported by the Native/Default video player or Moliplayer. If the Native/Default video player can play a 1080 .mp4, Moliplayer should play it well.

The movie file I have tested with is Elysium.2013.1080p.BluRay.x264.YIFY it is the movie featured in this article Moliplayer Pro - play any video file on Windows Phone 8 | Windows Phone Central
My Phone is Lumia 920.

Thanks!

rculver9056

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
Windowlino:
I can't get it to look for videos etc outside of the camera roll folder. In fact, this seems to be the root folder. Am I missing something?
I want to play music from the music folder and videos from the videos folder - NOT have to dump it all in the camera roll folder. (Or even using sub folders in that folder)

rculver9056

Oct 26, 2013
Visit site
An OS restriction? Seems strange MS wouldn't allow access to the media folders.
Do you have a source so I can read more..?

Thanks

Edit: Wasn't meant to sound that argumentative lol

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
An OS restriction? Seems strange MS wouldn't allow access to the media folders.
Do you have a source so I can read more..?

Thanks

Edit: Wasn't meant to sound that argumentative lol

MoliPlayer Pro can access the media folders. It sees all of my videos and my music in my videos folder and my music folder.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
Ok, I give up! How do you make it see the media folders?

Shrug. I'm not sure. All I know is that the very first time I opened the app, it scanned all of my folders for media content and every time I add something new, it just automatically shows up. There is a thread on the forums somewhere here by the developer of the app. Maybe you should post your questions there, if you haven't done so already.

http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...-media-player-debuts-windows-phone-store.html

Jarip

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
I'm not able to make this work any more. Putting some files into the folder called "Videos" worked as far as I remember. Now the only way to NOT use camera roll is to upload them via wlan. Very strange...

I have a folder called "Videos" on SD card and it works ... it can be any folder on SD card, but just Camera Roll in phone's memory ....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720