Help with the Cal app

cwbcpa

May 6, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the app Cal and it seems like it could be a good alternative to the stock calendar app. I can't seem to get it to sync my google calendar though. I can get outlook and Facebook to sync without any issues. Anyone else have this problem? FYI, My google calendar syncs fine with the stock calendar.

thundr51

Feb 5, 2013
Visit site
Loving Cal so far, best calendar app I've tried. One bug I've found so far is if you have selected a background item then tap change colors the app will crash. Only additions I would like to request (if I may be so bold) is add a way for the user to crop the background item and change text color or change the opacity of the background image so the text stands out more.

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm having trouble syncing my outlook calendar, actually. Now, some appointments aren't synced although they are in the same calendar. Also, updates to those appointments that do sync aren't updated. Seems like Cal doesn't check for updates once the appointment is downloaded. Other than that, great app!
One more thing: Why not make the week view appear when going into horizontal screen orientation and have the appointments appear in a schedule (like the stock calendar app) rather than an agenda view for the entire week?

//edit: after readding my outlook account I got all my appointments synced but an hour (and / or app restart) later, those missing before are missing again.

Last edited:

srslykev

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Philippe, one of the screenshots in the Store show a landscape week view, how can I acess that? Turning my phone won't work.

You need to choose week view in the context menu (swipe up) first. In this mode, there are landscape and portrait mode available.

enomam

Sep 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi.

I'm on the latest version (trial), and seem to be having sync issues.
It's not a network thing, as the native app works fine.

If there a proper way to submit a report ?

Jan Hegli

Oct 22, 2014
Visit site
When changing time zone from UTC+1 to UTC the birthday changed to one day before the correct date. The calendar on my PC is still correct.

costas60

Oct 7, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone got this problem
the date does not change on live tile
so Thursday 23rd today
tomorrow will still be Thursday 23rd
I have to go in to app
and live tile settings then tile changes

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Do you have battery saver enabled? Do you allow calendar to run in the background?
fb8274e7cdd7c0e32fa50ab694316af4.png

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 920 via Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MatthewHilbers