I'm helping a friend here. And as the title says I need help on how to change the country/region back to the US, please.

He bought a new, factory unlocked Lumia 920 from eBay powerseller. Even though during initial setup (from the first moment), he selected the United States as country and English (United States) as language, whenever he goes to WindowsPhone dot com (en-US) and tries to install any app it redirects him to Windows Phone (ar-SA) site, and the page language changes to Arabic.

Even if he goes to Commerce dot Microsoft dot com, initially page displays in Arabic, though (after doing trial & error) he can change the language to English but then it says "SA - Personal Account", which i think means, Saudi Arabia - Personal Account, only the language is English. Though under the profile, it's his US address and number and other info. I have spent 3+ hours over the phone(877-696-7786) and on chat with Microsoft customer service, which has given many different run arounds and haven't been able to solve the issue.

The language on his new Lumia 920 is English (United States) under Keyboard and under country/region, there are four drop down options, all are set to English (United States) or United States. His carrier is T-Mobile USA. Previously he had HTC Titan II, and his Microsoft account was working fine.

Any help is greatly appreciated.
    01-11-2014 06:55 PM
    I guess he could go to the US store find an app and then copy the link which will have the app in the address
    and then email it to his phone and then install the app.
    It's a possible workaround for installing apps.

I did that for some apps that were only in the Australian store or UK store and when I opened the link in the email on my phone,
    the address was the Australian or UK store and I wasn't rerouted to the US store to install it -which didn't have the apps.
    01-11-2014 07:48 PM
    I guess he could go to the US store find an app and then copy the link which will have the app in the address
    and then email it to his phone and then install the app. It's a possible workaround for installing apps.
    Thanks for the reply. Installing apps is not that big of a problem, as he can install apps directly on the phone via Windows Store. The main issue is... his country/region location is changed from en_US to ar-SA permanently( a guess) in his Microsoft account, which he would like to correct.
    01-12-2014 03:26 AM
    Go to settings
    then
    go to language and settings
    you can change it to US there
    country Region
    phone language
    regional format
    01-12-2014 04:59 AM