Sports Tracker HRM problem

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Sport Tracker recently released a dedicated WP8 app which supports Bluetooth heart rate monitoring which was great news.

I still have my ST heart rate monitor which I bought a couple of years ago for my then Symbian phone and I was happy to find out that the new app is compatible with that model of HRM. After installing and pairing the monitor, I started the app and was greeted with an accurate heart rate display and this was followed by accurate and stable heart rate and gps readings when I went for a walk.

Life was good.

Then the evening that Black was released, ST didn't connect to the HRM so I went for a run without it and didn't think too much about it. I had low battery so thought that it was perhaps something to do with that. I got home, charged my phone and updated with Black and since then the HRM has shown no signs of life at all. I deleted the pairing in Bluetooth settings and thought that perhaps it would sort itself out after re-pairing but my 1020 doesn't even see the HRM.

The same happens on 2 other WP8 handsets and also an old Symbian and Android handset.

It looks like the HRM has decided to die in the last couple of days which is incredibly annoying as heart rate monitoring is finally supported in WP8.

I've emailed ST for support but they're a small team so may not be able to reply to messages straight away but I was wondering if anyone else here was having any issues with their HRM and ST and if anyone are, what version of the HRM are you using?

Cheers for any help.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Are you saying that the ST doesn't work on any device? If it doesn't work on your Android device, it sounds like it is a problem with ST, not a problem with the Windows Phone app.

Nick_1020

Mar 4, 2013
Visit site
Are you saying that the ST doesn't work on any device? If it doesn't work on your Android device, it sounds like it is a problem with ST, not a problem with the Windows Phone app.

The app works. It's just that there seems to be some issues with the hrm but I wasn't sure whether they are down to the app or perhaps it's just a coincidence that it has decided to die not long after ST released a WP8 app.

Perhaps this would be better off in the accessories forum?

I was just interested in finding out if anyone else has experienced the same or similar issues with the HRM.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
The app works. It's just that there seems to be some issues with the hrm but I wasn't sure whether they are down to the app or perhaps it's just a coincidence that it has decided to die not long after ST released a WP8 app.

Perhaps this would be better off in the accessories forum?

I was just interested in finding out if anyone else has experienced the same or similar issues with the HRM.
Ok. I just figured it had to be the HRM that went bad, since you mentioned that it also stopped working with your Android device.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb