Anyone finding 6tag is reducing the quality of pictures when you upload them?

Is there a way to adjust the upload settings maybe?

Any similar apps worth trying?

thanks
    01-12-2014 12:01 PM
    Use the official Instagram app. I've never noticed any quality issues, but my last few Instagram uploads have been shot and filtered in 6tag, but uploaded using official instagram. I don't know if instagram tracks the source software of uploads, but I try to show support from Windows Phone to Instagram so that they will continue to support us.

Instagram BETA | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

Side note though (and I've been meaning to look into this on the forums): Since having a live tile for official instagram and 6tag, I never get notifications on 6tag anymore, they always show up on the official tile with nothing on 6tag?? Bummer since I have 6tag on the lock screen, and official instagram doesn't have lock screen support yet.
    just dirk likes this.
    01-12-2014 04:27 PM
    I do use the official app also but it is lacking the 'post complete picture' feature, also i like the switch account option on 6tag..

I agree about the notification though, i don't get any from 6tag with the official IG app..
    01-12-2014 11:43 PM

Side note though (and I've been meaning to look into this on the forums): Since having a live tile for official instagram and 6tag, I never get notifications on 6tag anymore, they always show up on the official tile with nothing on 6tag?? Bummer since I have 6tag on the lock screen, and official instagram doesn't have lock screen support yet.

i get this too so have deleted the official to see if i get 6tag notifications back, i also gave @RudyHuyn a link to this post
    just dirk and RJ Priest like this.
    01-13-2014 12:59 AM
    Heres an example, the picture as selected and then the picture after selected.. (screenshots so not the best quality but hopefully gives an idea)

01-13-2014 03:20 AM
    Anyone finding 6tag is reducing the quality of pictures when you upload them?
    Is there a way to adjust the upload settings maybe?

Any similar apps worth trying?

thanks
    I thought the whole purpose of Instagram (and by extension, apps that use Instagram services) was to make pictures look crappy.
    01-13-2014 01:23 PM
    Heres an example, the picture as selected and then the picture after selected.. (screenshots so not the best quality but hopefully gives an idea)

http://i.imgur.com/xrZiFis.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/KvK2DTw.jpg
    It's tough to say, because we see that image you screenshot on a small screen, not blown up on a monitor. However, Instagram has set pixel sizes. That looks bad though. Have you tried to reinstall? Tried other Apps for comparison?
    01-13-2014 01:33 PM
    It's tough to say, because we see that image you screenshot on a small screen, not blown up on a monitor. However, Instagram has set pixel sizes. That looks bad though. Have you tried to reinstall? Tried other Apps for comparison?
    The proper instagram app doesn't lose quality but as i said earlier 6tag has better features, mainly the posting full picture one.. If i view the uploads on a larger screen it does look rubbish, bot tried a reinstall yet but worth a try for sure !! :)
    01-13-2014 03:17 PM
    The proper instagram app doesn't lose quality but as i said earlier 6tag has better features, mainly the posting full picture one.. If i view the uploads on a larger screen it does look rubbish, bot tried a reinstall yet but worth a try for sure !! :)
    official Instagram still downsizes your images. There's no way around it. They have a set resolution, I can't remember it offhand.
    01-13-2014 08:59 PM
    official Instagram still downsizes your images. There's no way around it. They have a set resolution, I can't remember it offhand.
    That's a given, but the question remains on whether or not 6Tag downsizes more than the official instagram app.

I find that images uploaded with the official instagram on my android looks better than one with 6tag, especially using built in "post full picture" option.
    01-23-2014 12:21 PM