Smartglass for 360 borked for anyone else?

Cortimi

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
I have 2 Xbox 360's, an Xbox One, and a Lumia 521. Last week, everything was fabulous, today, Smartglass wants to throw an error code 1007, then 1000, then a 1012 everytime I try to Smartglass to a 360. Xbox support has, naturally, never heard of any such problem. Anyone else having this problem? Oddly enough, the Xbox One SG app works just fine.

The app will sign in to Xbox services, go to the Smartglass main screen, and even updates the "Recently played" correctly, but just absolutely refuses to actually connect to a device. Factory reset the phone, hard reset the router, they even had me reinstall the update for the 360 and reset everything back to factory on that. Same old story. What really pisses me off is that NOTHING has changed.

Cortimi

Dec 11, 2013
Visit site
Awesome. Good to know. <sigh> Anyways, if the app reviews are any indication, this is a VERY widespread problem that started around the same time for a lot of people. There will not be a fix coming, as MS will not even acknowledge that this is an issue. I opened a ticket with Xbox Support and Microsoft support and have not heard anything back from them (to be fair though, Xbox has the WORST tech support I have ever encountered). So I would assume at this point the app has been deprecated, MS will politely give us all the middle finger, and tell us to move on to the next Microsoft product (Xbox One). Could be worse, I could have been a Windows Phone 7 or Zune user. Oh wait....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs