Cant subscribe to Nokia MixRadio +...any clues why?

bokeh

Jan 13, 2014
Visit site
Hi all

New WP convert here from a long line of Android devices. Pleasantly surprised how smooth everything is running on my phone, considering its a Lumia 521 which is toward the budget end of the spectrum. So far Im very glad I have made the transition.

Only fly in the ointment so far is an inability to to actually subscribe to Nokia MixRadio+ for some reason. I have created a Nokia account and everything seems good, although for some reason my phone is still listed as "Unverified" on my account page. I try to use the "Verify now" option but it immediately says "Message could not be sent". Im wondering if this is the hold up to my phone being allowed to subscribe to the service.

I have successfully completed the free 3 day trial, so I know it can work on my phone. But every time I hit the subscribe button on my phone it says 'We are in the process of setting up your MixRadio+ Account' for several seconds and then I get this message. "CONNECTION ERROR- Unable to connect to the payment service'.

Any help with this? I have even talked to my friend who works at Microsoft and he is a little bit baffled. I also logged into the web version of MixRadio and tried to activate my subscription that way, but when I choose the link to upgrade it just sends me to a page with the little broken picture logo....thats it. Freaking weird.

Please tell me there is a workaround for this. I really need cached music on my phone and Nokia only allows you 4 downloaded stations until you upgrade. I also like the skips and higher quality music options. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Further info, I am using the Lumia 521 on Brightspot, which is Targets new pre paid cell service based on Tmobile.

Ed Boland

Retired Ambassador
Nov 17, 2012
Visit site
I've been having this problem ever since they updated it and changed it from "Nokia Music+" to "Nokia Mix Radio+"
I wish we could have the old Nokia Music back...

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon