Possible to shuffle photos live tiles?

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
go to photos and then camera roll or your desired album, once you are in a folder, press the middle button(select option) and tick the images that are your favourite. now these photos will be shown more often when photos live tile is updated. to access favourite photos, go to photos and swipe right, scroll down and click on select all. To remove a photo from fav, go to photos or where the photo is located,open the photo(only 1 photo at a time can be removed from fav) and open 3 dot menu,5th option is for remove from favourites.

second method requires pc, connect your windows phone to pc and create a new album in photos folder, copy your fav images. Next go to photos app and tap on the album you just created and it should greet you with pin to start, now all the photos in that album will be updated on your start screen.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
go to photos and then camera roll or your desired album, once you are in a folder, press the middle button(select option) and tick the images that are your favourite. now these photos will be shown more often when photos live tile is updated. to access favourite photos, go to photos and swipe right, scroll down and click on select all. To remove a photo from fav, go to photos or where the photo is located,open the photo(only 1 photo at a time can be removed from fav) and open 3 dot menu,5th option is for remove from favourites.

second method requires pc, connect your windows phone to pc and create a new album in photos folder, copy your fav images. Next go to photos app and tap on the album you just created and it should greet you with pin to start, now all the photos in that album will be updated on your start screen.

Very detailed, thanks bro!

One more question, is it possible to remove multiple pics at once from favorite? Remove one by one is quite time-consumed.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site

One more question, is it possible to remove multiple pics at once from favorite? Remove one by one is quite time-consumed.

picked my Lumia 920 , no one can't remove multiple photos from favourites.:/ sad but now I have another new feature in my wish list for wp8.1 lol ;)

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site

Photos > albums > swipe to left twice (Now you're in favorites) > click on middle select button

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Photos > albums > swipe to left twice (Now you're in favorites) > click on middle select button

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

yes I tried this but the menu have 2 options share or upload to SkyDrive, to remove a photo from favourites one have to find that photo and have to click on remove from favourites (one photo at a time ).

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
yes I tried this but the menu have 2 options share or upload to SkyDrive, to remove a photo from favourites one have to find that photo and have to click on remove from favourites (one photo at a time ).
Hmmm that's strange. Try restarting your phone and then try it again, see what happens. Another option you might like is Weather Flow. The app costs $1.99 at the store. It has this really cool option to shuffle your pictures on your lock screen.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm that's strange. Try restarting your phone and then try it again, see what happens. Another option you might like is Weather Flow. The app costs $1.99 at the store. It has this really cool option to shuffle your pictures on your lock screen.

Hehe he was not asking about the lock screen image, he was asking about the live tile pined at start screen.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site

It's wired. I restarted the phone and followed your step. I only find the option of share or save(skydrive/phone/sd card), no delete is available . ( I am using Lumia 1520, international version)

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Hehe he was not asking about the lock screen image, he was asking about the live tile pined at start screen.

After adding some photos to favorites, I can see the live tile now shows more different photos even for those I have not added to the favorites. My start screen looks more beautiful :-D

Either way, do you get mulituple delete option after restarting the phone? I have no luck.

duncan0622

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
I am using awesome lock (very informative & nice layout) for the lockscreen. I will stick with this app for some more days. But if one day I get tired with awesome lock, I will try your suggestion. Thanks :-D

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
I am using awesome lock (very informative & nice layout) for the lockscreen. I will stick with this app for some more days. But if one day I get tired with awesome lock, I will try your suggestion. Thanks :-D

You can have Awesome Lock rotate your lock screen background, too.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
It's wired. I restarted the phone and followed your step. I only find the option of share or save(skydrive/phone/sd card), no delete is available . ( I am using Lumia 1520, international version)

Umm it's nothing to deal with , it's the way how it should work in wp8, maybe wp8.1 could change this. You can only delete fav images by opening one the same image ,no multiple options to remove from favourites. And awesome lock is a nice app for lockscreen.

Blkacesvf41

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
What OS version are you running on your 1520? I'm running Amber OS 8.0.10327.77 on my Lumia 822, so I'm guessing this is where the problem is. Perhaps latest versions changed this. I can select and delete as many of my favorites as I want.

JaiMento

Nov 16, 2013
Visit site
What OS version are you running on your 1520? I'm running Amber OS 8.0.10327.77 on my Lumia 822, so I'm guessing this is where the problem is. Perhaps latest versions changed this. I can select and delete as many of my favorites as I want.

Just checked my L920 on Amber (8.0.10328.78) and you can't remove multiple pictures from favorites at the same time.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
taylormcintire