BBM isn't coming to WP after all

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
i regret inform you all guys and gals that BlackBerry’s senior director of BBM business development David Proulx said "[The lack of a BBM Windows Phone app] is entirely market-driven,"
it’s just a function of when does it make sense and when is it something that consumers demand in sufficient numbers to make it worth our while and worth their while."
so its official we won't have BBM after all
source

UPDATE FROM CRACKBERRY KEVIN:

Hey guys, this isn't the case at all. Please see our interview with the BBM team from CES. The guy quoted in this article isn't the guy to be looking to for answers on this. Watch the video:

Last edited by a moderator:

barbequtioner

Dec 5, 2011
Visit site
Oh it will in the coming years when Microsoft buys this burning corpse of a company for all their patents and shutter the company. For now, I am more than happy with KIK.

Joe Dubya

Oct 16, 2013
Visit site
All of my friends and family on Whatapp now - would have liked to try the new BBM, but "meh" - they would have given us a stripped down version anyway

dryoussef21

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
I was a user of android phone and I downlowd BBM even before its official release ....what a useless program which is even used rarely by BB phone users :)
Whatsapp is the top :)

pci2k

Oct 22, 2013
Visit site
Now what's really needed is a Windows Phone Messenger. Apple has their own version, as does BlackBerry obviously. One that only works with Windows Phone devices around the world!

Jas00555

Retired Ambassador
Jun 8, 2013
Visit site
I find it highly hypocritical for BlackBerry not to make a BBM app for us because of market share. From this moment forward, they can never complain at the lack of apps without being gigantic hypocrites. I personally couldn't care less and no one I know used it after the first week. Hopefully when BB finally goes under, Microsoft can get the enterprise section.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Skype is an Android app, not a native app. I'm sure soon as they get BBM Video for iOS and Android done, they will focus on Windows. I'm sure it's a question of resources. WP8 market is non-existent in Canada, and small in the US. But Europe is huge. No doubt it will come out in due course.

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk.

albadi88

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
sorry guys but not having BBM is not good not good at all lacking any app no matter how small you look at it make huge different when it come to buy WP and not to mention the bad quality the apps
we have are making things even worse so don't underestimate not having BBM because no body want to be left behind esp US WP users or future users

anon(7808135)

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
I think BBM will come to Windows soon. Don't hate BBM unless you have tryed it. I have my friends from IOS and Android using it and they all love it. Just give it a try once it hits Windows. Is there a way to make a 3rd party BBM app for Windows or is that illegal? I think IOS and Android is where BlackBerry wants to get the most people using BBM first. Then, they will look onto Windows. What messaging app can send a message within a second or pics within 3 seconds? I have downloaded every messaging app I can think of and BBM always places first in speed. Look at everything BBM is going to offer, especially BBM Channels. :smile:

Tre Lawrence

May 27, 2013
Visit site
BBM isn't bad, and it has room for improvement. Not having it hurts both WP8 and BBRY. WP8 misses on yet another option, and options are almost never bad. BBRY could use the mindshare.

Having said that, I don't think it is especially crazy that BBRY is citing marketshare or not enough requests as a reason to withhold building a WP8 version. Every company has to be cognizant of such factors.

chris_t

Dec 14, 2013
Visit site
Well, bad news. Got my Lumia since my carrier wasn't supporting BB10 and I just can't see myself carrying an Android or IOS. I must say that WP is an excellent OS, but I was really looking forward to BBM4WP.

That being said, I think I'm in the market for an off-contract BB10.

Sent from my Lumia 520 using Tapatalk

anon(7808135)

Aug 9, 2013
Visit site
@FinancialP, I love Microsoft to and plan on getting a Nokia Lumia 925 and a Surface Pro 2 this summer. I'm not against Windows at all. But I really hope Windows does get BBM during the spring or summer. I think everyone will like it once this update comes out and unleashes all the goodies.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
BBM is just a alternative messenger after BBM4ALL. Nobody can totally rely on BBM.

Send via Lumia 625 GDR3, Developers Unlocked.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs