BBM isn't coming to WP after all

MrWhiteman

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
i regret inform you all guys and gals that BlackBerry’s senior director of BBM business development David Proulx said "[The lack of a BBM Windows Phone app] is entirely market-driven,"
it’s just a function of when does it make sense and when is it something that consumers demand in sufficient numbers to make it worth our while and worth their while."
so its official we won't have BBM after all
source

That's rich considering Windows now has a bigger market share than Blackberry

Jazmac

Jun 20, 2011
Visit site
BB is still frosty having been bested by Windows Phone and now looking for new friends. I never believed it was ever coming officially to the platform. Its not the end of the world as these type apps go. Let em park their carcasses on the side of the road. Garbage day will cart them off to the land fill with the CRTs and VCR's.

despertador

Dec 26, 2012
Visit site
I don't think this will affect too much people; it doesn't seem like anyone uses the service in my area of the US. I don't know about the corporate side though; it may be quite disappointing to some others.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
I don't think this will affect too much people; it doesn't seem like anyone uses the service in my area of the US. I don't know about the corporate side though; it may be quite disappointing to some others.

In the corporate world, it's pretty big. I work for a bank that's in transition from BES5 to BES10. We use it a lot between our team members. Asking quick questions to each other rather than sending out emails. Our IT is pretty tight on email inbox quota. Group chatting and BBM Video is really nice. They said they will be introducing BYOD with iPhones, but it's been 3 months since it was supposed to start, no word on that anymore. I think I read somewhere that 85% of BES users use BBM.

I do think it will eventually come to WP8. Put it this way, when it gets to WP8, you'll likely get all the features that iOS users currently don't have (BBM Voice/Video, BBM Channels.). You figure with all those layoffs, they don't have the resources to do all OS at the same time?

Sent from my BlackBerry Z30 using Tapatalk.

John20212

Feb 27, 2012
Visit site
i regret inform you all guys and gals that BlackBerry?s senior director of BBM business development David Proulx said "[The lack of a BBM Windows Phone app] is entirely market-driven,"
it?s just a function of when does it make sense and when is it something that consumers demand in sufficient numbers to make it worth our while and worth their while."
so its official we won't have BBM after all
source

Why would you even want BBM, there are plenty of alternatives out there, and some of them are even better than BBM.

BBM could have been huge if Blackberry made it available on other platforms a lot sooner, and not when they already had one foot in the grave.

WPus3r

Jan 19, 2014
Visit site
some of them are even better than BBM.

Better than the BBM in BB10?Which one exactly? Not a Blackberry fan at all btw, have to admit it`s superior than any of the others, they just need to get all those features available on the iOS and android versions too.

fardream

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
In the corporate world, it's pretty big. I work for a bank that's in transition from BES5 to BES10. We use it a lot between our team members. Asking quick questions to each other rather than sending out emails. Our IT is pretty tight on email inbox quota. Group chatting and BBM Video is really nice. They said they will be introducing BYOD with iPhones, but it's been 3 months since it was supposed to start, no word on that anymore. I think I read somewhere that 85% of BES users use BBM.

I do think it will eventually come to WP8. Put it this way, when it gets to WP8, you'll likely get all the features that iOS users currently don't have (BBM Voice/Video, BBM Channels.). You figure with all those layoffs, they don't have the resources to do all OS at the same time?

even all mighty Goldman allows iPhones....

jmshub

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
What good reason is there for an IT department to run BES in their network if they aren't handing out blackberrys. And look at the numbers... no one is handing out a blackberry these days. Companies will be pushing off of bes quickly, driving the last stakes into rim in the next year or two.

alv3st3r

Jul 28, 2013
Visit site
BB is still frosty having been bested by Windows Phone and now looking for new friends. I never believed it was ever coming officially to the platform. Its not the end of the world as these type apps go. Let em park their carcasses on the side of the road. Garbage day will cart them off to the land fill with the CRTs and VCR's.

No wonder they're butthurt over the fact that WP ate their marketshare.

DBZo07

Oct 27, 2013
Visit site
Best will always take over the old one.. Also, the Apple is worried about Windows Phone success.

Send via Lumia 625 GDR3, Developers Unlocked.

pgg101

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
What good reason is there for an IT department to run BES in their network if they aren't handing out blackberrys. And look at the numbers... no one is handing out a blackberry these days. Companies will be pushing off of bes quickly, driving the last stakes into rim in the next year or two.

BES10 supports non-blackberry devices too such as iPhone and Android, and I assume WP. Some people will still want to use BB10, difference is that they competition now. As an example, my bank and another bank (my biggest competitor) BYOD policy is such that BB10 will be the phone most will go with. Their definition of BYOD is bring your personal phone to work...But we aren't paying for it at all, no support, and if you are fired, we remotely wipe the entire device including personal content. Hence everyone at my bank going BB10.

Now, I live in Canada, so I know BYOD policies in the US are much better.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shelton786