Can't delete music from Xbox Music

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys,

I've got the Xbox Music app on my Lumia 920 and I've got an Xbox Music Pass (I also have Xbox Music on my Surface Pro & Xbox One). I downloaded a few albums from the store through Xbox Music on my 920 and now I can't seem to delete them. I can't find any way to delete the whole album (I've tried the long press menu and Application Bar on various screens) so I tried to select all the songs on the album and delete them which seemed to work but then a minute later I get a notification at the top of the app telling me it's syncing music and the album and all its songs re-appear. I tried deleting the album through the original Music & Videos hub app but that had the same result, when I re-opened Xbox Music the songs re-appeared. I have also tried uninstalling & reinstalling the Xbox Music app but that hasn't helped either.

I opened Xbox Music on my Surface Pro and found the album wasn't even in my Xbox Music collection so I added it on the Surface Pro and then deleted it to see if that would sync back to the phone but it did not.

Is anyone else having issues deleting songs and albums?

InvisGhost

Jan 15, 2014
Visit site
Are you using the Music+Video app or the Xbox Music app from the App Store? The latter is a more up-to-date version that acts differently. You should try using that and see if it is still funky.

astondg

Jan 7, 2013
Visit site
Are you using the Music+Video app or the Xbox Music app from the App Store? The latter is a more up-to-date version that acts differently. You should try using that and see if it is still funky.

I am using the Xbox Music app from the App Store. I have also tried using the Music + Video app to delete the music but it had the same result, i.e. it didn't work.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
click on artist go to songs press the 3 dots and choose the songs you dont want and delete...from what i know there is no way to delete an album its individually

air2liquid

Oct 2, 2012
Visit site
I've had mixed luck with deleting through the Xbox Music app instead of the Music + Videos app. I find the built in app much more reliable at this time.

Plus the Xbox Music app doesn't save the music to my SD card :/ So I am usually in the Music + Video app.

George_9

Mar 13, 2015
Visit site
I'm having this same problem. It seems to be fine when I upload music onto my phone from my laptop. But if I've directly downloaded it through XBox onto my phone there doesn't seem to be a way to delete them. I've seen this question in a few forums and sadly there haven't been any helpful solutions.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
quicktravo