I need a better calendar app for my Lumia 1020 (with time zone support)

mixvio

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
I just got a Lumia 1020 a couple of weeks ago, switching from an iPhone 5.

I travel a lot, and I use my calendar to maintain appointments and flight schedules and everything else. On the iPhone 5 (and OS X, which was my primary OS until recently) you can turn on "Time Zone Support" so that the calendar doesn't try to migrate dates/times around based on the time zone it detects you're in. If I have a 2 PM appointment in NYC and I'm in Sydney, I put it in at 2 PM and know that I'm obviously not going to an appointment at 10 PM the following day. I don't need my phone to try and be clever for me.

Unfortunately there appears to be no way to switch this nonsense off in Windows Phone 8 (or Outlook either, for that matter) and it will move the times of calendar entries when it detects your time zone has changed.

So what I need in a calendar app is, ideally:

- Some implementation of time zone support so I can set the time zone of the calendar and have it leave it alone
- Ideally directly syncing to my exchange server; if not and it hooks into the phone calendar but can offset the time zone so it goes back to the one I'd created the event in that would be fine too.

Any suggestions? I tried to search online and the app discovery of the Windows Phone 8 ecosystem is... lacking.

Thanks a lot.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Carnes