Facebook we're having trouble getting data

Status
Not open for further replies.

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
**This is the 2nd time I post this question. The first time it was closed by a moderator and I was pointed to this generic thread started in 2009: http://forums.windowscentral.com/wi...tures-discussions-rants-issues-solutions.html You've got to be kidding me??

I have a 1020, my wife has the 920. We both constantly get the error "we're having trouble getting". Anyone else having this problem? It's driving me crazy.

Seems to happen with or without wifi and with the facebook beta app as well.
wp_ss_20140120_0001.png

Last edited:

broar94

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Yeah crazy app. I just try refreshing the app(scrolling up) or close-open and it sometimes work. The previous software update wasn't giving me this problem :(

Sent from my Nexus 7 using WPCentral Forums mobile app

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
App isn't working at the moment. Opened it and closed it twice. "we're having trouble getting data". Seems to happen the most in the evenings. Worked fine earlier today.

Snowy9

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem on a Lumia 925 running lumia black Os and the latest Facebook app.
What is strange is it doens't seem to relate to your n/w connection, it even happens on WiFi and confusingly doesn't seem to affect all notifications, some bring up the detail, some don't
Also confusing is my wife's Lumia 820 also running lumia black and the latest Facebook app doesn't seem to have the problem.
Any help would be much appreciated!

husslord

Jan 29, 2013
Visit site
Hmmm beta only does the load error when im barely in the WiFi I was previously in. I know this is dumb but uninstall all fb apps and just try beta on my 1020 it has been a champ! Sorry!!!!

kurtd

Oct 1, 2012
Visit site
I think the app is just a POS at the moment. I did uninstall and re-install the app 3 to 4 times while trying the beta and non beta version. The issue first started on my wife's phone which doesn't have a data plan. She uses WiFi exclusively.

Now it's been doing the same thing on my phone. Yesterday, it wouldn't work at all unless I turned off WiFi. Just keep getting the error and nothing new would show in the timeline. Turned off WiFi and it worked perfect. Yet my wife's phone was sitting next to me on WiFi with the same beta app working fine.

I haven't found anything specifically causing the error. It's just random, although does seem worse while on WiFi. All other apps and services work perfect on the phones.

Snowy9

Jan 22, 2014
Visit site
Having spent a bit of time testing this, I'm finding it seems to be worse and mainly affects notifications about Photos, notifications relating to status updates and check-ins seem to work fine.
Interestingly though there is no difference between Wifi and 3g/gprs for me!
Surely this must be an issue with the Apps interface to FB, as there hasn't been an update to the App software, so the problem is unlikely to be on the handset and as it is also across airtime provider and affects WiFi, you'd think it's either at FB themselves or the interface to FB

Jineshs

Jan 24, 2014
Visit site
I have been having the same issue for the last 3 days as well. How is it that Microsoft is not responding to this or know about this issue. It seems to be affecting a lot of user.

JRC Systems

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I'm having the same problem with a Nokia 920. It just started this morning.
I've tried rebooting the phone. I've tried using the Nokia system utilities to clear out the temp files.
Nothing works. Doesn't matter if its on WiFi or Cellular.
Very frustrating.

JRC Systems

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
I even tried Logging OUT from the Facebook app, clearing the temp files again, and logging-back in, just in case there was a bad authentication cookie being saved... but it did not help the situation at all.

WINDOW LOVIN

Jan 8, 2014
Visit site
You guys it is NOT the phones! I have an L521 and it is doing the same thing!!! Yo it is the FB APP BETA Or Original itself having this problem. M$ needs too look into this really soon! Its annoying *** hell!!

xratola

May 9, 2013
Visit site
The same here Lumia 920 and Black update. I suppose that they are already aware of the issue thus a quick fix might be on the way to us.

JPDVM2014

Sep 11, 2011
Visit site
I usually only have this issue with photos that people have shared through instagram. If i do get it, I just check that particular notification through my people hub and it works fine. Hopefully they fix this soon though.

wizll

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
same since last facebook beta update for all messaging related function. only way to clear it up temporarily is by closing the app (hold back button, flip to facebook, X button). it'll work again on first load, then show the error again. so best solution currently, load the mobile site for group chat, plain built in messenger for 1:1 chat.

dipankar_mitra

Jun 24, 2013
Visit site
I get this almost always when using the app with 3G data. Not with WiFi. I have Lumia 820, running Black update, and regular FB app (no Beta).
Interestingly, I also have similar issues with Twitter app, but less frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
velocityxs