Seems like Yahoo doesn't care one bit about Windows Phone and Microsoft isn't doing much to support its phone base
    01-27-2014 10:07 AM
    Seems like Yahoo doesn't care one bit about Windows Phone and Microsoft isn't doing much to support its phone base
    If Yahoo doesn't care it's not MS fault. Also with WP8.1 so close it's possible that devs are holding back until after the update.

Wasn't there a rumour that it was coming. Not that I use Yahoo Messenger, I stopped doing that years ago.
    01-27-2014 10:21 AM
    Yahoo messenger hasn't really been relevant this decade...
    01-27-2014 10:30 AM
    yeah really with voxer and viber around who uses yahoo messenger. Even skype is popular nowadays.

but we can all demand.

I want me AIM (America Online Instant Messenger) 95 app
    01-27-2014 10:32 AM
    I guess the Nokia Chat Beta is the messenger for yahoo.. I am not too sure.
    01-27-2014 10:47 AM
    Yahoo messenger hasn't really been relevant this decade...
    Yea good excuse. Must be the same attitude for MS executives as well, that's why it is stuck in third place and its stocks haven't been doing well. Who needs to innovate when you have sh*thead fanboys making excuse for you all day, while the real Microsoft loyal customers suffer.
    01-30-2014 07:30 PM
    Yea good excuse. Must be the same attitude for MS executives as well, that's why it is stuck in third place and its stocks haven't been doing well. Who needs to innovate when you have sh*thead fanboys making excuse for you all day, while the real Microsoft loyal customers suffer.
    That's not fanboyism. That's realism. It's a lesser choice and few people still use it. An official app is unlikely since the only thing keeping them afloat is tumblr.
    01-31-2014 12:28 PM
    Moved to Windows Phone Apps forum, since Yahoo Messenger is not related to Instagram.
    01-31-2014 09:12 PM
    Oh wow, I think the last time I used Yahoo messenger was back in 06. I'm surprised that company is still hanging on, despite blowing all those billions on crappy blogs (tumblr), monthly security breaches, and other terrible management decisions.
    01-31-2014 09:18 PM
    Oh wow, I think the last time I used Yahoo messenger was back in 06. I'm surprised that company is still hanging on, despite blowing all those billions on crappy blogs (tumblr), monthly security breaches, and other terrible management decisions.
    It's been the same experience with me. I quit using Yahoo Messenger way before Windows Phone even existed, since all of my friends quit using it too.
    wapoz likes this.
    01-31-2014 09:51 PM