So when are going to finally get the official Yahoo Messenger?

N_LaRUE

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
Seems like Yahoo doesn't care one bit about Windows Phone and Microsoft isn't doing much to support its phone base

If Yahoo doesn't care it's not MS fault. Also with WP8.1 so close it's possible that devs are holding back until after the update.

Wasn't there a rumour that it was coming. Not that I use Yahoo Messenger, I stopped doing that years ago.

radmanvr

Nov 19, 2013
Visit site
yeah really with voxer and viber around who uses yahoo messenger. Even skype is popular nowadays.

but we can all demand.

I want me AIM (America Online Instant Messenger) 95 app

ny_yankees

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
Yahoo messenger hasn't really been relevant this decade...

Yea good excuse. Must be the same attitude for MS executives as well, that's why it is stuck in third place and its stocks haven't been doing well. Who needs to innovate when you have sh*thead fanboys making excuse for you all day, while the real Microsoft loyal customers suffer.

z33dev33l

Oct 16, 2011
Visit site
Yea good excuse. Must be the same attitude for MS executives as well, that's why it is stuck in third place and its stocks haven't been doing well. Who needs to innovate when you have sh*thead fanboys making excuse for you all day, while the real Microsoft loyal customers suffer.

That's not fanboyism. That's realism. It's a lesser choice and few people still use it. An official app is unlikely since the only thing keeping them afloat is tumblr.

wapoz

Sep 29, 2013
Visit site
Oh wow, I think the last time I used Yahoo messenger was back in 06. I'm surprised that company is still hanging on, despite blowing all those billions on crappy blogs (tumblr), monthly security breaches, and other terrible management decisions.

Laura Knotek

Retired Moderator
Mar 31, 2012
Visit site
Oh wow, I think the last time I used Yahoo messenger was back in 06. I'm surprised that company is still hanging on, despite blowing all those billions on crappy blogs (tumblr), monthly security breaches, and other terrible management decisions.
It's been the same experience with me. I quit using Yahoo Messenger way before Windows Phone even existed, since all of my friends quit using it too.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss