What has she installed??

PrittStickFace

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
My missus has the following App Icon showing on her Home Screen and in her Wallet App.

ghost_edit_home.jpg ghost_edit.jpg

If you press it, it reloads the Home Screen or when in the Wallet app, it reloads the List of Apps. It doesnt seem to do anything and you can't delete it from the Wallet App.

She does have a Visa card linked to her Microsoft account, but the Wallet app isn't showing the Visa icon or last 4 didgits, as it does on my Lumia 920.

Any ideas what it is? I'm worried its somehow linked to her Visa card.

Hope someone can help!

hope4wp

Jan 16, 2014
Visit site
I'm not sure but uninstall your wallet app? And see if it still exists...
Edit
Sorry i forgot you can't uninstall it but maybe it's a deal info?

PrittStickFace

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
That's the official icon of snapchat!

Thanks for that pointer.I removed her card from the Billing section on her Microsoft Account, via my PC. Refreshed the Wallet app and then Deleted the "Snapchat" Visa card. It then removed the card and icon.

Adding the card again, via the Wallet App, after completing card and address details, I was presented with a screen asking me to "Choose an app". Snapchat for Windows Phone was in this list, which i'm guessing is where she has installed it and somehow it associated the icon with the card stored in the Wallet. Weird! Anyway, i chose not to "choose an app" and clicked Next and now the Visa icon is associated with the card and when tapping it the "About" screen for the card appears.

I will message OliverRM, the Snapchat for Windows Phone publisher to let him know about this.

Thanks for your help Nadia and Jonas :smile:

Jonas_H

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Glad I could help, I just looked into my own wallet app and you can choose from lots of apps that you can associate with the card. (But what's the point of this??) I linked my Visa with Whatsapp (only for testing) and now, everytime I tap on the card, the wallet app gets closed! :/ Exactly the same problem like you had!

I will also delete my card in my MS Account and re-add it!

So this is more a Microsoft thing than a snapchat one!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jacobss