Viber 4.0 update completely broke the app

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
It's baffling how incompetent the developers at Viber are. Every update brings new sets of problems. The latest one has made the app completely useless. I can no longer make calls. As soon as I try, it rings once and then gives a call failed error. I can receive calls, I just cannot make them any more. Using Lumia 1020.
Restart, reinstall, nothing works.

Venugopal Bannigol

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
Yes, Me too facing same and many of my friends. OOPS An Error Occurred. Please Try Again is displayed almost four times after doin OK.
I get only notification of message but no message once i open the conversation

Viber 4.0 completely failed and need Update ASAP.
Dono Why Viber has not checked this and even not responding

MATRIX RELOADED

Oct 1, 2013
Visit site
Had the same problem. What i did was uninstall and reinstall viber and the problem was solved. The downside is i lose all my previous chats and call history. Hopefully, by the next update this won't happen again.

plunge

Feb 4, 2014
Visit site
I am also having such a problem. OOPS An Error Occurred!!! When someone tryes to call me it says that the the user is no longer using the app, but when I call everything is OK. I can't also receive messages. Is there any solution yet?

perspicatio

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
My solution was uninstall and NOT reinstall. Works just fine for me, plenty of alternatives.

Check Viber's app reviews and you'll see many people reporting the OOPS I screwed up v4 error. Clearly, as it's been over a week now and no patch, Viber couldn't give a Tinker's Toss about you, me or the WP user base. So why care about Viber? Numpties that they are.

PureView

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
My solution was uninstall and NOT reinstall. Works just fine for me, plenty of alternatives.

Check Viber's app reviews and you'll see many people reporting the OOPS I screwed up v4 error. Clearly, as it's been over a week now and no patch, Viber couldn't give a Tinker's Toss about you, me or the WP user base. So why care about Viber? Numpties that they are.
What are some other decent VOIP apps that work?

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with Viber. If you're having the error msg issue, please try to uninstall>reinstall Viber, it should fix it.
If you're having a different issue, please let me know and I'll see what we can do.
Thanks!

perspicatio

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys,
I'm sorry to hear you are having issues with Viber. If you're having the error msg issue, please try to uninstall>reinstall Viber, it should fix it.
If you're having a different issue, please let me know and I'll see what we can do.
Thanks!

I know that. You know that. Thousands of Viber users that had their app corrupted by the update DON'T know that.

If you don't understand that point you deserve to lose those customers.

DollOfWar

Jul 15, 2013
Visit site
I keep getting the 'oops, an error occurred' so damn often. It's when i receive messages.

I've re-installed the newer version at least 10 times already. Thats the only thing support says. Like it's not that obvious for us to already do this. Whats the point of them collecting anon. information if they arent collected the errors we receive as well?

greedo_greedy

Jun 11, 2013
Visit site
Hi ViberTeam,

I have been experiencing quick battery drain the past week on my Lumia 822. I suspected it was from the latest update. I uninstalled it and the battery drain stopped.

Please look into this and iron it out. Thanks.

Can anyone confirm a similar occurrence on their phones?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822, Windows Phone 8

ViberTeam

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi,

We are going to try to recreate and investigate this issue. For now, please open a support ticket here: Viber | Email Us and a support agent will be in contact with you shortly.

Hi ViberTeam,

I have been experiencing quick battery drain the past week on my Lumia 822. I suspected it was from the latest update. I uninstalled it and the battery drain stopped.

Please look into this and iron it out. Thanks.

Can anyone confirm a similar occurrence on their phones?

Sent from my Nokia Lumia 822, Windows Phone 8

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
moocher720