Hi all,

I'm using Nokia Lumia 720, after updating Lumia Black, Shutter Speed in Nokia Camera (and Nokia Camera Beta) was reduced (from 4s, down to 1s). How can I fix it?
    Thanks for consideration!

My Phone is: Nokia Lumia 720
    My real location is: Vietnam (On the phone, I set US)
    02-04-2014 12:25 PM
    Yep, same here for L520 aswel. I just checked this.

I don't see how this could be "fixed"...according to MS or Nokia this limitation IS a "fix", otherwise it wouldn't be pushed through an update.

But since this "limitation" occurs only AFTER the Black update, and it hasn't really come from a software update, Microsoft is really to blame (ONCE AGAIN!) and not Nokia.
    I don't expect us seeing that 4sec option ever again, because MS is not in the habit of lifting limitations after they are enforced.

Another tip: usually when a "limitation" is enforced, you can be damn well sure it is coming from MS.
    Because that is what they love doing: Limiting stuff.
    nthkmf and Sonu K like this.
    02-04-2014 03:09 PM
    So disappointed!
    02-05-2014 12:36 AM
    Same here with France CV. The manual ISO setting goes up to 3200 now too. Shutter speed can still go up to 4s automatically though.
    02-05-2014 07:47 AM
    Same here with France CV. The manual ISO setting goes up to 3200 now too. Shutter speed can still go up to 4s automatically though.
    So then for you it is NOT the same there in France.

You seem to have everything as it was before, and even have increased iso-adjustability.

We are talking about added "limitations" here, namely the shutter speed being reduced to 1second...what do you mean with "automatically" ?
    02-05-2014 01:22 PM
    Anyway, I put in a suggestion at Nokia feedback website, and supported a couple threads made regarding the subject.

I would suggest anyone having the same issue to do the same. Log into your Nokia account on this site, and give them the same feedback, and asking them to give us back the feature.

https://betalabs.nokia.com/?ns=true

Support threads like these by adding a token when logged in :

https://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/No...-Speed?ns=true

https://betalabs.nokia.com/trials/No...ia-820?ns=true

You can leave suggestions aswel, directly to Nokia.
    02-05-2014 01:28 PM
    So then for you it is NOT the same there in France.

You seem to have everything as it was before, and even have increased iso-adjustability.

We are talking about added "limitations" here, namely the shutter speed being reduced to 1second...what do you mean with "automatically" ?
    The manual shutter speed dial only goes up to 1s. But for example if I set the ISO to 100 and leave the shutter speed on auto and point it at the night sky the shutter speed will go up to 4s automatically. I can effectively still take photos of the stars even though the manual shutter speed dial only goes to 1s. I just manually set my ISO to about 800 and the shutter speed will automatically go up to 4s, when leaving it (shutter speed) on auto.
    02-05-2014 04:00 PM
    Yep, same here for L520 aswel. I just checked this.

I don't see how this could be "fixed"...according to MS or Nokia this limitation IS a "fix", otherwise it wouldn't be pushed through an update.

But since this "limitation" occurs only AFTER the Black update, and it hasn't really come from a software update, Microsoft is really to blame (ONCE AGAIN!) and not Nokia.
    I don't expect us seeing that 4sec option ever again, because MS is not in the habit of lifting limitations after they are enforced.

Another tip: usually when a "limitation" is enforced, you can be damn well sure it is coming from MS.
    Because that is what they love doing: Limiting stuff.
    Hmm... Not sure on that.

GDR1/2/3 = Microsoft/Software update

Amber/Black and so forth = Nokia/Firmware update.
    02-05-2014 04:11 PM
    Lumia 520 here. And still 4s shutter speed. May be this is because I had GDR3 developer preview before I updated to Black.
    02-06-2014 03:16 AM
    The manual shutter speed dial only goes up to 1s. But for example if I set the ISO to 100 and leave the shutter speed on auto and point it at the night sky the shutter speed will go up to 4s automatically. I can effectively still take photos of the stars even though the manual shutter speed dial only goes to 1s. I just manually set my ISO to about 800 and the shutter speed will automatically go up to 4s, when leaving it (shutter speed) on auto.
    Hah...I just tried that and it does work...at least it's something :)

Hmm... Not sure on that.

GDR1/2/3 = Microsoft/Software update

Amber/Black and so forth = Nokia/Firmware update.
    You are correct. I got my facts twisted around there :-/
    Nokia did this...

Lumia 520 here. And still 4s shutter speed. May be this is because I had GDR3 developer preview before I updated to Black.
    Any way to check if I actually have the gdr3 update ? That could be the issue for most of us maybe ? That we have Black but maybe not gdr3 ? Could be wrong again though...

Nah, scrape that...I have sms tones and stuff, so I have gdr3...

Does the dev preview have any additional things then ??
    02-06-2014 07:51 PM
    So if it because the GDR3, basically can I install GDR3 after installing Lumia Black?
    02-07-2014 11:02 AM
    I can't do light painting anymore. I thought it was just nokia camera but 1 sec max also in proshot.
    nthkmf likes this.
    02-18-2014 11:00 AM
    Me too.. I try to re-install the app but nothing happens.. The max shutter speed is still at 1s.
    nthkmf likes this.
    02-23-2014 09:54 PM
    So if it because the GDR3, basically can I install GDR3 after installing Lumia Black?
    cannot anymore, friend :((
    02-25-2014 09:19 PM
    Hello friends,

Has anybody found any update on this? I am also facing this issue on my Lumia 620. I had updated my phone using developer preview and it was find then. I then updated it with Lumia Black and it kept working fine then too. After some days, I had to factory reset my phone and I am facing this shutter speed issue since then. Not sure how this can be fixed.
    03-26-2014 04:07 PM
    I had the 4s option until i updated to Windows Phone 8.1 Dev Preview..

When i reinstalled the app...the 4s option was gone, but there are more iso options now...!!!

*Lumia 520
    05-04-2014 10:08 AM