Data sense - Similar app?

disasm_wp

Feb 5, 2014
Visit site
Hello WP folks, first post for me here at wpcentral. Well, I have a 1020 ATT phone, and I am having a data usage issue. According to ATT, I have used 9GB in the past 2 weeks. I believe I have finally found the problem (when I removed my twitter account the excessive data stopped, super weird). Anyways, while I was trying to troubleshoot this excessive data usage with ATT, I thought it was ironic that their "technical support" team said to me "there is usually a data tracking app that can tell you which app is using how much data" and I said, "well there was, but your colleagues decided to disable it". So I have browsed wpcentral and other sites, and I am not here to complain more, but I am looking to do something about it. I am a current wp developer (1 app in the store), and I am considering making an app that, at the very least, provides the data rate per app for all running apps. A couple questions before I get too carried away:

1- Has a similar project been done?
2- Is this even possible, or do we not know?

Thanks all, much appreciated.

SAM 77

Jan 17, 2014
Visit site
Having no Datasense even with GDR3 (Optus Australia) I am definitely waiting for something similar.

All I can find are calculators which are a waste of time for me.

If you build an app that is functional and aesthetically pleasing I will definitely use it.

EssThree

Dec 28, 2012
Visit site
I feel like Microsoft are incredibly foolish wasting their time to develop something carriers are just going to block.

ShreyansShah

Aug 12, 2013
Visit site
Having no Datasense even with GDR3 (Optus Australia) I am definitely waiting for something similar.

All I can find are calculators which are a waste of time for me.

If you build an app that is functional and aesthetically pleasing I will definitely use it.

i thought Data Sense was released with Amber update itself. i dont remember actually, but i have it for a long time, atleast i feel so.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb