Is it just me or is the smartglass app for WP8 just horribly optimized compared to iOS and Android? Like if you look and compare the WP version is the only one, at least from what I've seen, that has no smooth transitions. When you hit the menu button it just jumps out, whereas on the other platforms it actually slides out smoothly. It's sort of disheartening when Microsoft puts out an app that isn't at par with other platforms on their own platform.
    02-05-2014 08:18 PM
    That is a shame that it not optimised like the other platforms however I'm sure an update will fix the issue.
    Shadow_12213 likes this.
    02-08-2014 01:21 PM
    That is a shame that it not optimised like the other platforms however I'm sure an update will fix the issue.
    Yeah I guess so, maybe they just put together a rushed app because they are going to integrate it into WP 8.1 somehow?
    BIGPADDY likes this.
    02-08-2014 05:33 PM
    They do this time n time again n its ridiculous! I'm seriously considering switching based on lackluster support of their OWN platform😞
    dgr_874 likes this.
    02-08-2014 05:39 PM
    Yeah I guess so, maybe they just put together a rushed app because they are going to integrate it into WP 8.1 somehow?
    They may integrate to the OS however it would better to keep it as an app so it can get updates straight away if it was integrated into the OS it will have to be approve by the carriers.
    02-08-2014 05:42 PM
    I'm not a developer, but I've always wondered why a lot of apps, including Microsoft's, don't work as well on WP. I'm sure that at least part of the reason is that developers don't put as much effort into it because of WP's market share. However, is the WP OS restricted to the point that it's impossible to make the apps work as well in some cases?
    02-08-2014 05:49 PM
    I'm not a developer, but I've always wondered why a lot of apps, including Microsoft's, don't work as well on WP. I'm sure that at least part of the reason is that developers don't put as much effort into it because of WP's market share. However, is the WP OS restricted to the point that it's impossible to make the apps work as well in some cases?
    I think some of the issues are they haven't been optimised properly or have been poorly ported over.

Microsoft apps depends some are built into the OS and can only be updated when a update to the OS is available and been approved by the carrier.
    02-08-2014 08:01 PM