A professional's phone without SSH?

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
What is the deal with utility applications that support things like Telnet, SSH or RDP?
I don't care about access to Instagram and YouTube, or when Flappy Bird is dropping. I just want to use my WP as a tool for all those jobs I would expect to use a portable computer for.
Am I missing something? :unhappy: Sigh.....

shovelhead84

Jan 12, 2014
Visit site
Theres an SSH client at least I think (this is one of several)... search the windows phone 8 store...!

The SSH Client | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)

I have searched the store multiple times. I am frustrated with the results of that search. You are correct that there are some applications that attempt to do SSH, but they are very lacking. I have tried a few and they are just not functional.

Of coarse, it is hard to complain about others failing at making the app I want when I am not making any myself....... Just griping.

Markham Ranja

Banned
Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
What is the deal with utility applications that support things like Telnet, SSH or RDP?
I don't care about access to Instagram and YouTube, or when Flappy Bird is dropping. I just want to use my WP as a tool for all those jobs I would expect to use a portable computer for.
Am I missing something? :unhappy: Sigh.....

Many people on this forum will tell you that WP8 is designed for the average consumer, which for you and me means "crippled". Decent terminal/RDP options and the Hacker's Keyboard will keep me using Android as a daily driver until WP catches up.

Kebero

May 26, 2011
Visit site
I'm waiting on Putty to get out of beta for my SSH needs. Currently, I use 2X for RDP connections. Citrix also has a receiver for WP8, but it requires the site have an SSL.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DrPendragon