What is the deal with utility applications that support things like Telnet, SSH or RDP?
    I don't care about access to Instagram and YouTube, or when Flappy Bird is dropping. I just want to use my WP as a tool for all those jobs I would expect to use a portable computer for.
    Am I missing something? Sigh.....
    wpn00b likes this.
    02-05-2014 10:34 PM
    Theres an SSH client at least I think (this is one of several)... search the windows phone 8 store...!

The SSH Client | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    02-05-2014 11:20 PM
    Theres an SSH client at least I think (this is one of several)... search the windows phone 8 store...!

The SSH Client | Windows Phone Apps+Games Store (United States)
    I have searched the store multiple times. I am frustrated with the results of that search. You are correct that there are some applications that attempt to do SSH, but they are very lacking. I have tried a few and they are just not functional.

Of coarse, it is hard to complain about others failing at making the app I want when I am not making any myself....... Just griping.
    02-06-2014 08:26 AM
    The release of PuTTY has eliminated all concerns. It is all that is needed.
    02-19-2014 07:29 AM
    What is the deal with utility applications that support things like Telnet, SSH or RDP?
    I don't care about access to Instagram and YouTube, or when Flappy Bird is dropping. I just want to use my WP as a tool for all those jobs I would expect to use a portable computer for.
    Am I missing something? Sigh.....
    Many people on this forum will tell you that WP8 is designed for the average consumer, which for you and me means "crippled". Decent terminal/RDP options and the Hacker's Keyboard will keep me using Android as a daily driver until WP catches up.
    02-19-2014 08:40 AM
    I'm waiting on Putty to get out of beta for my SSH needs. Currently, I use 2X for RDP connections. Citrix also has a receiver for WP8, but it requires the site have an SSL.
    02-19-2014 10:35 AM