FlipMag BETA - Gorgeous design - best Flipboard alternative?

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
^ Agreed ^
You'll inevitably face problems when the mythical Flipboard drops. Might as well change now and avoid headaches, plus you're still in beta state.
Bounce a few names off users here with a poll and see what the majority like. Or even ask the community for a name, the staff at WPCentral help devs like yourself in that regard all the time. Most recently, Weather+, now known as OneWeather.

MilkyTee

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
How about News Hub?
Derp, I thought you were talking about something else.

News Hub sounds a little generic, might get lost in the mix. Something that explains the design and functionality of the app in two words or less would be ideal.

Have it stand out from the crowd too.

yuming

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Hi, Sorry for the wait.

- FlipMag will be rebranding soon to stand on its own. Thanks for flagging the issue =)
- Bug fix for app resetting itself is on its way
- To get the double wide tile, you need to unpin it and repin it if you updated from v3.0.1 to v3.0.2
- Performance will be improved in coming updates

MilkyTee: Can explain why you need to unpin the default sources? You can unpin them from the mainpage if you do not want to read them but you cannot remove them from the add content page.

yuming

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
For users facing random app reset, please try turning off the background agent for Live Tiles in the app settings. We suspect it may be corrupting the app settings. Please let us know here if it works for you so we can issue a quick fix. Thank you.

tofmin

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Pocket support and "dark skin". Pleeeaasee :)

edit: Daaaamn, I'm so stupid! Works like a charm with Poki! Aw, awesome!

Last edited:

jmerrey

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Just got the update. One thing I notice is that the parallax effect is back when you go to the category from within the app. However, if you pin the category and go to the view from the tile, it is still the more normal looking view. I have to admit, I was doubting the parallax effect before but, if you can smooth it out just a bit more, I really prefer it to the standard view.

BTW I really am loving this app. Great updates!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)