All,

WANTING to make the switch, and since we are all sitting here waiting, I thought I would ask, do you know if there are any comparable apps on WP to these? I'm on Android now, but I want to make the jump, I am worried about what is missing...

Amazon MP3 (cloud player). Don't look like this is here yet, right?

SwiftKey keyboard (hands down, best. keyboard. ever. Not on WP, is there an alternative?)

Life360 (not on WP). Is there a similar family tracking/check in app?

Device locator, does WP have one baked in? My wife is trying a 1520, I can't find it. (EDIT: seems the windowsphone.com has this, yes?)

Any other apps you former Android folks found helped ease the transition?

Thanks
    02-11-2014 08:27 PM
    Amazon mp3 and swiftley, no. Family tracking is possible I think with the at&T family map, and the device locater is built in under settings, under find my phone. :)
    ret18057 likes this.
    02-11-2014 08:33 PM
    And since you posted in the Lumia icon forums, I'm not sure if you're taking about that or the 1520.
    02-11-2014 08:34 PM
    My big fear is SwiftKey as well. So many of the keyboards just plain blow and that is awesome. But I've heard WP onscreen keyboard is very good and seems okay when I've used it. I also have concern about the browser as I understand that Chrome is not available and IE is the only one supported and I've read things about the browser not rendering pages properly. Is that correct??

Lastly, how about a good twitter client, and is it true there is no YouTube App? So how does the native video player handle Web video and the like? (which is largely YouTube?)

Posted via the WPC App for Android!
    ret18057 likes this.
    02-11-2014 09:05 PM
    But I've heard WP onscreen keyboard is very good and seems okay when I've used it.
    If the WP keyboard had the sliding feature it would be as good as any of them out there, on any platform. But for me, no sliding, no go! Other than that killer, it's very good.
    02-11-2014 09:13 PM
    If the WP keyboard had the sliding feature it would be as good as any of them out there, on any platform. But for me, no sliding, no go! Other than that killer, it's very good.
    If you saw the latest WP8.1 leak, many keyboard improvements come, including the slide typing thing. :)
    02-11-2014 09:34 PM
    What's the best alternative for playing mp3 from the cloud? (unlimited data for me...) Skydrive only streams on song at a time, I read?

Thanks
    02-12-2014 10:30 AM
    I'm Android dev, now planing into jumping into windows to make few interesting game app.. I will make my android app for windows sooon...
    02-20-2014 05:56 AM
    What's the best alternative for playing mp3 from the cloud? (unlimited data for me...) Skydrive only streams on song at a time, I read?

Thanks
    CloudMuzik works quite well with Google Play Music (free for up to 20000 songs)
    Nokia MixRadio, TuneIn Radio...
    02-26-2014 04:50 AM