An issue of Skype on Windows Phone

Gavin Ding

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Today, I downloaded the Skype on my Windows Phone. Stay in touch even when the Skype app is closed, my Skype friends send instant messages to me, the Live Tile can still display unread messages notification.

However, there is an issue with Live Tile:

The counter is always displayed as "1" on Live Tile, even though my friend sent me a few instant messages, it still appears as "1". (see attachment)

wp_skype2.png

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey Gavin , I guess 1 counter is because :- if the person texted you on Skype (the same person ) , it will show 1 since it is by one person no matter how many messages he send , if there were different messages by different contacts , it will count total no of people who texted you , not the total no of messages.

Gavin Ding

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Hey Gavin , I guess 1 counter is because :- if the person texted you on Skype (the same person ) , it will show 1 since it is by one person no matter how many messages he send , if there were different messages by different contacts , it will count total no of people who texted you , not the total no of messages.
But, the counter of built-in Messaging, Email or other applications displays the total number of unread messages.

lafn

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
If it only counts the # of contacts IMing you and not the # of IM's it may be because usually a person will only send you one IM and wait for a response before sending more? Thus they only count # of contacts? Just guessing here.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
But, the counter of built-in Messaging, Email or other applications displays the total number of unread messages.

True. Whatsapp,message,email tile does show no of messages. I can't say on this why Microsoft did this but it's completely fine since the same happens on my ipad , if someone text me on skype (ipad here ) I got 1 notification pending from skype icon ,no matters how many msgs he sends me but in notification centre I can see all his msgs , so let's just wait for wp 8.1 , it can bring many new changes , features to our platform :)

Gavin Ding

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
True. Whatsapp,message,email tile does show no of messages. I can't say on this why Microsoft did this but it's completely fine since the same happens on my ipad , if someone text me on skype (ipad here ) I got 1 notification pending from skype icon ,no matters how many msgs he sends me but in notification centre I can see all his msgs , so let's just wait for wp 8.1 , it can bring many new changes , features to our platform :)
There is another issue when I have missed a video call from Skype friend, it will not be displayed notification on the Live Tile.

anon(7900571)

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
One have to agree skype on windows phone is buggy , slow and lacks feature , windows phone 8.1 can change it , with file manager one could upload and download (share files ) , better social integration , etc.

Gavin Ding

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
One have to agree skype on windows phone is buggy , slow and lacks feature , windows phone 8.1 can change it , with file manager one could upload and download (share files ) , better social integration , etc.
I remember, a Skype friend send a picture message to me, but Skype for WP8 tell me that it does not support receiving files.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
COME ON WIN ANDROID (ADI)