Metrotube ... meh

quotethepigeon

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
So Metrotube is often talked about as 'the best youtube app' however for a long while now its been unable to play Vevo videos.

I'm sure i read an article on this very site about a month ago stating that Metrotube are working on an update to fix the situation. When Mytube encountered this issue it was fixed by the dev within 24 hours.... Is there an actual problem or are the Metrotube devs just avoiding the issue as people are still downloading the app regardless?

nemecek_f

Apr 14, 2013
Visit site
Well I am still using Metrotube for Windows 8 but I don't remember any update after release. On Store page there are still listed features that will be "coming soon". On phone I have also Metrotube and myTube, guess I start using myTube more..

Kimi Alin

Aug 13, 2013
Visit site
Mytube is awesome because one can listen to music when the app is on the background That's not even possible with official Android app (according to my friend)

AndyCalling

Apr 15, 2013
Visit site
MyTube is the best Youtube app on ANY platform. I only wish I could get it on Win8.1 for my desktop and tablet, especially for my tablet, but I have to put up with the never-updated Metrotube app for those.

Localhorst86

Jun 8, 2012
Visit site
MyTube is the best Youtube app on ANY platform. I only wish I could get it on Win8.1 for my desktop and tablet, especially for my tablet, but I have to put up with the never-updated Metrotube app for those.

I use mytube on my pone and "Hyper" on Windows 8.1 tablet and desktop. Metrotube works nice but is rarely updated and doesn't allow downloading videos on Windows 8.1

Lance_WPCentral

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
I contacted Metrotube via mail a couple of days back and they told me that they have submitted a fix to the store addressing the issue of certain videos not playing. However, it's not appearing in the store. If it doesn't come out for the next couple of days I'll contact them once again.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hetb