I just tried to install the last.fm app from the store and noticed there isn't even one listed anymore. I wonder if we are (hopefully) getting a new one? The old one had it's issues and I really love last.fm so I hope to see it back.

I know last.fm recently changed their web player to use YouTube videos, so maybe the WP app wouldn't have worked anymore.
    02-16-2014 07:12 PM
    It's been gone awhile. I still had it until recently, since I was using a WP7.x device. However, I couldn't get it back when I upgraded to a WP8 device. I hadn't used last.fm in over a year though.

I wouldn't count on seeing an app again, though, since last.fm is in financial trouble. Apparently users are abandoning it, since so many newer music streaming services are available now.
    02-16-2014 08:06 PM
    It's been gone awhile. I still had it until recently, since I was using a WP7.x device. However, I couldn't get it back when I upgraded to a WP8 device. I hadn't used last.fm in over a year though.

I wouldn't count on seeing an app again, though, since last.fm is in financial trouble. Apparently users are abandoning it, since so many newer music streaming services are available now.
    Yeah true. I heard that a reason last.fm changed their web player had to do with the high costs of music licenses. It's a shame. I really like their scrobbling feature, but like you said, there are so many other music services out there. I prefer spotify to listen to music, but still make sure to scrobble all of my listens.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    02-16-2014 08:11 PM