Xbox video HD movies

joshua diaz2

Jan 25, 2014
Visit site
I was thinking about buying an HD movie on Xbox video but I'm wondering how much memory it will take up on my phone. How much storage space is a hd movie that's about 2 hours and 30min? Thanks

JNaDa

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
I thought it was a streaming service not a download. Am I incorrect?
You can download Xbox Video on WP8. You just have to be connected to WiFi and charging.

I was thinking about buying an HD movie on Xbox video but I'm wondering how much memory it will take up on my phone. How much storage space is a hd movie that's about 2 hours and 30min? Thanks

It'll probably be 4GB+. I had a 22 minute TV episode on my Xbox and that was 1.2GB. I also had "Brave" (1hr 33 minutes) on my computer via Xbox video and that was about 4GB. I'm not sure how much they can scale down the video to get it smaller than that while still maintaining 1080p HD. If you buy the video (not rent), it's yours to watch whenever whether you download or stream. If you choose to stream it, make sure you either have unlimited data or you're on WiFi.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone rented a movie and downloaded it to their phone for offline viewing? I'm having a hard time finding any information on how that works?

JNaDa

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone rented a movie and downloaded it to their phone for offline viewing? I'm having a hard time finding any information on how that works?

If it follows the same policy of Xbox Video on the Xbox 360 (which it should), you have 24 hours from the time you first start viewing it to finish. Otherwise you have one week to begin/finish. Whichever comes first. When you download a rental you have DRM on it, kinda like downloading music with an Xbox music pass.

Old_Cus

Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
If it follows the same policy of Xbox Video on the Xbox 360 (which it should), you have 24 hours from the time you first start viewing it to finish. Otherwise you have one week to begin/finish. Whichever comes first. When you download a rental you have DRM on it, kinda like downloading music with an Xbox music pass.

Thanks but my problem is I can stream a rental to my phone but I don't have the option of downloading it to my phone.

JNaDa

Sep 17, 2013
Visit site
Thanks but my problem is I can stream a rental to my phone but I don't have the option of downloading it to my phone.

I just tried renting on my phone. Downloading + renting doesn't work for me either (it's grayed out - even when on WiFi while charging). So I guess your best option besides buying would be to download it on your PC (if using Windows 8) and transferring the video file to your phone from there. Sorry I couldn't really be of any help on that.

Also, it looks like their rental policy has been extender to 48 hours/two weeks. That, or the policy differs from movie to movie.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nathanboro12